• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dez Bryant claims he’s dealing with previously-undisclosed injury

Dez Bryant claims he’s dealing with previously-undisclosed injury
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2017, 7:53 PM EST

Getty Images
    Another year, another player injury that previously had been hidden comes to light. And the league likely will do nothing about it.

Via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant disclosed to reporters on Wednesday that he’s been dealing with an injury for weeks. Bryant said he was “surprised” no one knew about the injury, which has lingered since early November.

Here’s why no one knew about the injury: The injury has never appeared on the injury report.

The injury also didn’t appear on Wednesday’s injury report. Although Bryant has practiced and played every game, players who fully participate in practice despite an injury routinely are listed as having an injury.

The next question is what will the league do about it? Based upon what the league did (more accurately, didn’t do) to the Seahawks last year for hiding a knee injury to Richard Sherman and to the Steelers last year for hiding a hernia suffered in the wild-card round by Le'Veon Bell, don’t expect anything to happen.

Why does the league do nothing when a team violates the injury-reporting rules? Possibly because the league knows that they’d be sliding down a rabbit hole from which they’d never emerge, if they begin aggressively investigating and enforcing actual or suspended violations of the injury policy.

What a little cunt. Get him off this team.
    I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
    'nuff said

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        Just concrete evidence that he regressed badly this season.

Comment

Of course Jerry doesn't want to discuss it now. He will wait like he always does and it be well past when he should have.
          #Fire Garrett

Comment

Random question I just now thought of while sitting on the toilet:

If you could go back in time to 2010 and could control it, you still taking Dez in the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by midswat View Post

If you could go back in time to 2010 and could control it, you still taking Dez in the draft?
              Who was on the board at the spot where he was chosen? Im sure we could find a suitable redo.
              defense wins championships

Comment

Also... I remember when Denver to Demarius Thomas over Dez. I thought they made a huge mistake.

Similarly, in 2002 I trolled the Pittsburgh Steelers ESPN boards for taking Randel El and letting Antonio Bryant fall to us.

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                  Who was on the board at the spot where he was chosen? Im sure we could find a suitable redo.
                  Not much. Have to go to first half of second round and then you get Gronkowski. We wouldnt take him because of Witten, though.
                  #Fire Garrett

Comment

Devin McCourty would have been a solid pick.

Comment

It was a good decision at the time. The only guestionable thing about him was his physic stemming from his mother. It was probably embedded in Dez more than anyone knew.
                      Since Day One

Comment

It wasn't a bad pick at that spot at the time considering he had some personal issues swirling around him. I may be wrong but I seem to remember some pundits considering him a top 15, top 10 pick without the baggage. It just seems as though he can't get through one season without some type of controversy.

Comment

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the personnel department has been crippled by their coaching staff the last 6 years.

Sure it hasn't been perfect, but they have made some really nice picks the last few years. Started making more team-friendly deals as well.

If they had a head coach that could do something with the talent, no telling what could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                            Can't believe I'm saying this, but the personnel department has been crippled by their coaching staff the last 6 years.

Sure it hasn't been perfect, but they have made some really nice picks the last few years. Started making more team-friendly deals as well.

If they had a head coach that could do something with the talent, no telling what could have been.
                            The offensive team we fielded in 2016 was outrageously talented. Leave it to Garrett and Co. to underachieve.

Comment

Working...
                            X