Jason Garrett has to go!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that. He drew praise by contrast with an even worse coach in Singletary.
The same "embarrassment of riches" that couldn't win more than 6 games the year before he arrived? Or 8 games the year before that?

Alex Smith was considered a bust.

So was Vernon Davis.

Where was Patrick Willis' All-Pro seasons taking them before he arrived?

And that "lack of competition" in the division sure did prove to be too much for them to handle prior to 2011, right?

He did a marvelous job there while never having good QB play. He got to 3 straight conference championships and lost back to back NFCCs to a team that should've won back to back Super Bowls if not for a retarded call at the goal line.

But yea, he was overrated. :lol

So I guess you think Sean McVay was also handed an embarrassment of riches in LA this year too? Because he had a #1 QB, a top flight RB, a 1st round WR, and the best interior defensive lineman in football. So it must just be all that has allowed him to succeed according to your logic.

Never mind that another coach with the same players made them look like shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, nobody was calling the Niners any embarrassment of riches before Harbaugh got there. They'd been in the ditch for like a decade.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Seems like McVay is young, passionate, and personable enough to connect with his team.

I believe the Jason Garrett career trajectory will closely mimic Fisher's, with his employment finally terminated after 15+ years of consistent mediocrity.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
What sucks is that Jerry is confident that Jason Garrett will eventually luck in to success. And you know, it could happen one day. One of these seasons it could all just sync right up, but I'm convinced that last year was the closest we'll be for awhile.

He is going to give him all the time in the world, because he was his own hand-picked HC. Nevermind that the guy had no coaching credentials. He's went to Princeton and he was my backup QB! Don't you remember the motherhumping Thanksgiving Game?

I admit that initially I was a little excited that Garrett could be that young coach we needed. A guy who had played recently enough that his ideas would be fresh. He'd connect with these younger guys in a way that Wade and Parcells could not. Wade took a talented team that Parcells built and got them close. Garrett was going to come in and inspire confidence, put in a dynamic offense that he'd been holding back while Wade was HC(hahahaha), and bring Dallas back to the glory years.

But we get consistent mediocrity, minus the magical season last year which should have been a Super Bowl win. The same middle of the pack results and the same offseason frustrations, excuses, and pledges to make things right. You'll see, we're the Dahlus Cahboys and winning is important!

For 31 NFL teams, this is a results-driven league. if you're not getting your teams to the playoffs regularly, you're not going to stick around unless you're in Dallas or Cinncinnati. Mr. Jones doesn't have to make a coaching decision because his job doesn't depend on it. He is an old oil man who struck gold and now wants his business to run as efficiently and conveniently as possible. He's wanting to put this thing on auto-pilot and just let it make money. No walking on eggshells, no awkward meetings with your former players who aren't performing well as your head coach...just blabber about continuity, right kind of guy, do your job, what the fuck ever. When there's a hint of rumblings, just dont' re-sign the position coaches whose contracts were expiring. Boom, Hall of Fame!

So bull-headed Jerry will not admit defeat. He's confident that Garrett's system will one day work. He just wants that chance to say, "I told you so! And I did it my stupid ass way!"

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The same "embarrassment of riches" that couldn't win more than 6 games the year before he arrived? Or 8 games the year before that?

Alex Smith was considered a bust.

So was Vernon Davis.

Where was Patrick Willis' All-Pro seasons taking them before he arrived?

And that "lack of competition" in the division sure did prove to be too much for them to handle prior to 2011, right?

He did a marvelous job there while never having good QB play. He got to 3 straight conference championships and lost back to back NFCCs to a team that should've won back to back Super Bowls if not for a retarded call at the goal line.

But yea, he was overrated. :lol

So I guess you think Sean McVay was also handed an embarrassment of riches in LA this year too? Because he had a #1 QB, a top flight RB, a 1st round WR, and the best interior defensive lineman in football. So it must just be all that has allowed him to succeed according to your logic.

A) You plain didn’t read the part where I said his predecessor was bad. Laughably even. Worse than Campo. Any half way decent coach could have gotten that group to play well.

B) Vernon Davis was a pro bowler who had his best season before Hairball arrived. What r u referring to?

C) Alex Smith was limited and Harbaugh replaced him with an equally limited player. Smith left and performed better under Andy Reid. All Smith needed was to not have his OC change every year.

D) Harbaugh rode that crappy division and that over the top talent to highest seeding every year. Against real competition he failed. Consistently— outside of one miracle game vs the Saints he won by the skin of his teeth. Had he not had the Home seeding he’d have lost.

E) He had elite talent at OT, LG, TE, RB, DT, all four LB spots, and both safeties. That’s insane. He had borderline elite talent at CB, NT, DT, RG, C, RT, 1WR, and 2WR. He had a better than average QB and remaining CB.

I watched him against us in 2011 and he had the game sewn up. All he had to do was take points off the board, kneel three times and rekick a field goal. Instead he gave Tony Romo an opening and lost to Jesse Holley.

The 49ers fell apart because no one can keep that kind of roster together, especially not a poor front office. Hairball saw the writing on the wall and rolled.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

midswat

... soon
I'm not on the twitspace.
I’m not either. Cell phone salesman tried to show me how to use it but I grabbed him by the collar and let him know I don’t tweet. Then I left the store and started the backwards hat trend.

Way I was raised.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that. He drew praise by contrast with an even worse coach in Singletary.

Pete Carroll lapped his ass and put him down like a bitch. His own brother is a far better coach.

Jim Harbaugh is an attention whore of the highest order, and I don’t want him anywhere near Dallas.
Had he stuck around, he quite possibly could have. So let's see here, he accomplished more in four years than anything Dallas has done in the past twenty years combined.

Yeah, I would take that bitch just to see if he could do it again.

midswat

... soon
Had he stuck around, he quite possibly could have. So let's see here, he accomplished more in four years than anything Dallas has done in the past twenty years combined.

Yeah, I would take that bitch just to see if he could do it again.
I wouldn’t. What San Fran had was flash in the pan.

What Jason’s building will win championships. Yes. Plural.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Had he stuck around, he quite possibly could have.
No. Kaep was Dak'ing/RG3'ing out while Hairball was still there, and the rest of his talent base was eroding rapidly. Carroll's Seahawks were already dominating his team as it was. Hairball was staring uphill at an impossible rebuilding job with one of the most difficult-to-work-with front offices in the game.

His easy path to HFA was over, his talent base was coming apart, and his pistol-offense using gimmick QB was exposed.

At that point he'd have to actually coach, not just galavant up and down the sidelines screaming at refs about holding calls.

He can't even win at fricking Michigan, with an all but guaranteed talent base. 5 losses this season alone and no chance of beating OSU.

What's he offering? No X's and O's for sure and he's not even recruiting well which is what they brought him in to do.

So let's see here, he accomplished more in four years than anything Dallas has done in the past twenty years combined.
So has every coach who's lasted 4 years or more in the last twenty years. The bar is not high. In fact along with Detroit, it is as about as low as it gets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Forever and ever.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

shane

DCC 4Life
No. Kaep was Dak'ing/RG3'ing out while Hairball was still there, and the rest of his talent base was eroding rapidly. Carroll's Seahawks were already dominating his team as it was. Hairball was staring uphill at an impossible rebuilding job with one of the most difficult-to-work-with front offices in the game.

His easy path to HFA was over, his talent base was coming apart, and his pistol-offense using gimmick QB was exposed.

At that point he'd have to actually coach, not just galavant up and down the sidelines screaming at refs about holding calls.

He can't even win at fricking Michigan, with an all but guaranteed talent base. 5 losses this season alone and no chance of beating OSU.

What's he offering? No X's and O's for sure and he's not even recruiting well which is what they brought him in to do.
You make good points. If Dallas really wanted to hire a coach from the state of Michigan, they would get D'Antonio. I am a Michigan State Spartan so I am biased, but this guy is an incredible coach. Generally conservative but seems to know when to get aggressive at the perfect time. Steady as a fuckin rock. I want Dallas to bring in a college prospect when Garrett inevitably gets fired and would put Sweeney, Petersen and Saban at the top of the list.

Top Bottom