Jason Garrett has to go!

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
John Fox and Jack Del Rio have both been fired. I'd take either one of them over Garrett.
Del Rio is an upgrade over Garrett without a doubt.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
John Fox and Jack Del Rio have both been fired. I'd take either one of them over Garrett.
Fox has been fired from too many places at this point. Del Rio is another Garrett.

IMO we need one of the up and coming assistants.

I’m most afraid of Hairball leaving Michigan and coming to Dallas. That would be a multi-year circus of the overrated.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m most afraid of Hairball leaving Michigan and coming to Dallas. That would be a multi-year circus of the overrated.
Any coach who can take Kaep to a Superbowl is a stud. No idea why you hate Harbaugh. I think he's an excellent coach. He did a killer job in San Fran and has totally turned Michigan around.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Any coach who can take Kaep to a Superbowl is a stud. No idea why you hate Harbaugh. I think he's an excellent coach. He did a killer job in San Fran and has totally turned Michigan around.
He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that. He drew praise by contrast with an even worse coach in Singletary.

Pete Carroll lapped his ass and put him down like a bitch. His own brother is a far better coach.

Jim Harbaugh is an attention whore of the highest order, and I don’t want him anywhere near Dallas.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that. He drew praise by contrast with an even worse coach in Singletary.

Pete Carroll lapped his ass and put him down like a bitch. His own brother is a far better coach.

Jim Harbaugh is an attention whore of the highest order, and I don’t want him anywhere near Dallas.
You dream up some odd shit in your head sometimes.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You dream up some odd shit in your head sometimes.
Dude, his meager excuse for ability isn’t worth the crazy personality. Jason Garrett has the same football knowledge minus the drama.

We need better football knowledge and a stronger disciplinarian than Garrett. Hairball takes us sideways and down an incline.

Believe ve me he’ll be outwardly blaming his failures on Jerry in no time. Now Jerry is an easy target, but remind me exactly where Hairball has actually succeeded again that makes him this great catch?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, his meager excuse for ability isn’t worth the crazy personality. Jason Garrett has the same football knowledge minus the drama.
He is 10 times the offensive coach that Garrett ever dreamed of being. He went to a Superbowl with Colin Kaepernick for gods sake. Did you see what happened to the 49ers as soon as he left? They fell apart. In terms of x's and o's he is actually twice the coach his brother is as well.

You're accurate on one point though. The guy is a D-bag. I'm just willing to put up with it because he is a great coach.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fox and Del Rio would be fine DC's, not HC's. But we should just stick with Marinelli.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He is 10 times the offensive coach that Garrett ever dreamed of being. He went to a Superbowl with Colin Kaepernick for gods sake. Did you see what happened to the 49ers as soon as he left? They fell apart. In terms of x's and o's he is actually twice the coach his brother is as well.

You're accurate on one point though. The guy is a D-bag. I'm just willing to put up with it because he is a great coach.
He took Alex Smith to an NFCC in his first season as well.

How anyone could say that someone who took one of the worst teams in the NFL to 3 straights NFCC's and a SB is on par with Garrett in football knowledge is beyond me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fox and Del Rio would be fine DC's, not HC's. But we should just stick with Marinelli.
Yeah I'm not sure either would be a significant upgrade over Marinelli as a defensive coordinator so I'm not sure it would be worth the switch.

But certainly neither is a head coaching candidate in the NFL right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He took Alex Smith to an NFCC in his first season as well.

How anyone could say that someone who took one of the worst teams in the NFL to 3 straights NFCC's and a SB is on par with Garrett in football knowledge is beyond me.
I think he will eventually return to the NFL. I'm envious of the team that gets him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

We need better football knowledge and a stronger disciplinarian than Garrett. Hairball takes us sideways and down an incline.

Believe ve me he’ll be outwardly blaming his failures on Jerry in no time. Now Jerry is an easy target, but remind me exactly where Hairball has actually succeeded again that makes him this great catch?
Granted he's never won a championship but if we're simply comparing him to Garrett, this is a slam dunk easy decision to make. Harbaugh by far is a better coach and more accomplished than Garrett.

It's no guarantee that the Cowboys would be Super Bowl contenders with Harbaugh, but bringing him in would at least be a gigantic step in the right direction.

This shouldn't even be up for debate. Even Garrett's family would acknowledge this.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know why its even a debate.

data

Forbes #1
He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that.
Is that you, Barry Switzer?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Good to see some support for Del Rio. I always thought he did a good job in Jacksonville. They had some good years with David Freaking Garrard.

And I'm surprised anyone would compare him to Garrett. At least Del Rio is a former Jimmy linebacker who usually has tough teams. He's anything but the hind tit-sucking company man politician that Garrett is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to see some support for Del Rio. I always thought he did a good job in Jacksonville. They had some good years with David Freaking Garrard.

And I'm surprised anyone would compare him to Garrett. At least Del Rio is a former Jimmy linebacker who usually has tough teams. He's anything but the hind tit-sucking company man politician that Garrett is.
Yeah I like Del Rio, but what happened to the Raiders this year is a real head scratcher. No excuse for that team to have fallen off the way they did.

midswat

... soon
Yeah I like Del Rio, but what happened to the Raiders this year is a real head scratcher. No excuse for that team to have fallen off the way they did.
God punished them for signing that ass hole Marshawn.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
True, but they did fire him for it, the year after they went 12-4.

How sad is it when there's less accountability here than with the Mark Davis-led Raiders?

Top Bottom