Jason Garrett has to go!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Belichick would never work for Jerry. You know that.
But even if he were desperate and going through a messy divorce, Jones would "still lak" Jason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watch him end up with the Giants.
Report: Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach Giants

New York Daily News
Gary Myers
12 hrs ago

Imagine hoodies with their sleeves cut off becoming a Fifth Avenue fashion statement.

Bring Bill Back Home.

Can Bill Belichick, yes Bill Belichick, be the next coach of the Giants? With a report of turmoil in New England involving him, Tom Brady and Robert Kraft, it certainly seems feasible.

“I’m sure Bill knows this is his last chance to be the Giants coach,” a source close to Belichick said Friday. “Bill sees an opening — an opening to get to the Giants.”

The source has not spoken to Belichick since the story came out, but is very familiar with The Hoodie’s desire to coach the Giants.

The source also said he’s not certain if the reported friction and tension in New England will prompt Belichick to force his way out, but if he does, he said he is certain, “The Giants are the only place he wants to be.”

John Mara, Steve Tisch and Dave Gettleman must work their contacts to find out if Belichick wants the Giants head coaching job after explosive details emerged Friday in an ESPN story of a fracture in the relationship between Belichick on one side and Tom Brady and Robert Kraft on the other.

What should the Giants do?

If The Hoodie is available or can be talked out of New England…well, go get him. How could they not? He’s the best coach in NFL history.

Maybe his pal the president will even give him an apartment in Trump Tower.

Interestingly, as Belichick’s future became the talk of the NFL, Mara, Gettleman and assistant GM Kevin Abrams were in Foxborough interviewing New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia.

McDaniels is considered the favorite for the Giants job and has already interviewed with the Colts. Patricia is considered the favorite in Detroit. If Belichick loses his coordinators, it could be another reason he looks for the exit. If Belichick leaves, McDaniels becomes the favorite to replace him. There are a lot of moving parts.

According to the report, Kraft ordered Belichick to trade future star Jimmy Garoppolo, the story implying it was to support Brady, who is 40 years old and wants to play several more seasons, and to ease Brady’s concern that Belichick wanted to switch to Garoppolo. Even five-time Super Bowl champs, four-time Super Bowl MVPs, can be insecure.
The Patriots dynasty could be crumbling. It’s only surprising egos had not already toppled it.

The Giants, meanwhile, have an attractive opening. Despite their 3-13 season, they are considered a stable franchise with tradition and have the No. 2 pick in the draft.

This now becomes a delicate situation for the Giants with timing crucial. They will regret it if they make a hire and then Belichick works his way free from the Patriots after the season and still wants to coach. But they also can’t wait to find out and miss out on their other candidates if he stays. That’s why they must get information as soon as possible.
“He wants to be the Giants coach. I know that for a fact,” the source said. “That would be pretty cool. My guess is if he wants out, the Giants already know. He would be great with Gettleman. Bill is a football guy. Gettleman is a football guy.”

Of course, there is precedent for a Giants coaching legend growing tired of Kraft’s meddling and working his way back to New York. Bill Parcells established the blueprint when he coached the Patriots to the Super Bowl with one foot out the door during the playoffs on his way to the Jets in 1997.

Parcells also came very close to returning to the Giants right before he took the Jets job, but faced resistance from GM George Young. Now Belichick might be able to pull it off.
The Jets eventually had to give up one draft pick in each of the first four rounds spread over three seasons as compensation for Parcells. The Patriots gave the Jets a first-round pick for Belichick in 2000. Clearly, the Giants are not giving up their first-round pick when they will likely take potential franchise quarterback Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen when it figures Belichick will only coach a few more years, but other than that, there should be a path to a deal with Kraft, who is close to Mara.

Belichick still has a very soft spot for the Giants, even though they beat him twice in the Super Bowl. He made his name in his 12 years with Big Blue, working the final six as Parcells’ defensive coordinator. He helped the Giants win their first two Super Bowls.

NFL Films followed Belichick around for the 2009 season. Prior to a preseason game against the Giants in the final year of Giants Stadium, the camera crew accompanied Belichick around the Giants locker room. Belichick pointed out the racquetball courts, the coaches locker room and other areas.

He stopped at one point and became teary-eyed.

“This is a great organization,” he said. “It’s hard not to get choked up about it. I loved it here. I loved it here.”

After losing to the Giants a second time in the Super Bowl following the 2011 season, he gave Tom Coughlin an extraordinarily long hug. They worked together for three years on Parcells’ staff.

Even though Belichick is 65 years old, he doesn’t seem to be burned out on coaching. He’s in his 18th season with the Patriots and in the first 17 has been to seven Super Bowls and won five and New England could be on its way to winning another on Feb. 4 in Minneapolis.

Belichick, like most coaches, doesn’t enter the final year of his contract. It hurts recruiting free agents and it takes away some of their authority if the players believe the coach is a lame duck. In this case, I’ve heard Kraft specifically won’t allow Belichick to enter the final year because he’s been concerned he would go to the Giants.
The Patriots responded to the ESPN story with a joint statement from Kraft, Belichick and Brady, denying that there is rift: “For the past 18 years, the three of us have enjoyed a very good and productive working relationship...We stand united.”

Will a 65-year old coach, a 40-year old quarterback and a 76-year old owner really want to break up the band before they win every Super Bowl possible? Because of a problem with Brady’s personal trainer? Because of the Garoppolo trade? Because Brady feels unappreciated by Belichick?

If this is it for Belichick in New England, it will be good news for the Jets and could be great news for the Giants.
Once A Giant, Always a Giant.

vince

Not So New Member
Report: Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach Giants

New York Daily News
Gary Myers
12 hrs ago

Imagine hoodies with their sleeves cut off becoming a Fifth Avenue fashion statement.

Bring Bill Back Home.

Can Bill Belichick, yes Bill Belichick, be the next coach of the Giants? With a report of turmoil in New England involving him, Tom Brady and Robert Kraft, it certainly seems feasible.

“I’m sure Bill knows this is his last chance to be the Giants coach,” a source close to Belichick said Friday. “Bill sees an opening — an opening to get to the Giants.”

The source has not spoken to Belichick since the story came out, but is very familiar with The Hoodie’s desire to coach the Giants.

The source also said he’s not certain if the reported friction and tension in New England will prompt Belichick to force his way out, but if he does, he said he is certain, “The Giants are the only place he wants to be.”

John Mara, Steve Tisch and Dave Gettleman must work their contacts to find out if Belichick wants the Giants head coaching job after explosive details emerged Friday in an ESPN story of a fracture in the relationship between Belichick on one side and Tom Brady and Robert Kraft on the other.

What should the Giants do?

If The Hoodie is available or can be talked out of New England…well, go get him. How could they not? He’s the best coach in NFL history.

Maybe his pal the president will even give him an apartment in Trump Tower.

Interestingly, as Belichick’s future became the talk of the NFL, Mara, Gettleman and assistant GM Kevin Abrams were in Foxborough interviewing New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia.

McDaniels is considered the favorite for the Giants job and has already interviewed with the Colts. Patricia is considered the favorite in Detroit. If Belichick loses his coordinators, it could be another reason he looks for the exit. If Belichick leaves, McDaniels becomes the favorite to replace him. There are a lot of moving parts.

According to the report, Kraft ordered Belichick to trade future star Jimmy Garoppolo, the story implying it was to support Brady, who is 40 years old and wants to play several more seasons, and to ease Brady’s concern that Belichick wanted to switch to Garoppolo. Even five-time Super Bowl champs, four-time Super Bowl MVPs, can be insecure.
The Patriots dynasty could be crumbling. It’s only surprising egos had not already toppled it.

The Giants, meanwhile, have an attractive opening. Despite their 3-13 season, they are considered a stable franchise with tradition and have the No. 2 pick in the draft.

This now becomes a delicate situation for the Giants with timing crucial. They will regret it if they make a hire and then Belichick works his way free from the Patriots after the season and still wants to coach. But they also can’t wait to find out and miss out on their other candidates if he stays. That’s why they must get information as soon as possible.
“He wants to be the Giants coach. I know that for a fact,” the source said. “That would be pretty cool. My guess is if he wants out, the Giants already know. He would be great with Gettleman. Bill is a football guy. Gettleman is a football guy.”

Of course, there is precedent for a Giants coaching legend growing tired of Kraft’s meddling and working his way back to New York. Bill Parcells established the blueprint when he coached the Patriots to the Super Bowl with one foot out the door during the playoffs on his way to the Jets in 1997.

Parcells also came very close to returning to the Giants right before he took the Jets job, but faced resistance from GM George Young. Now Belichick might be able to pull it off.
The Jets eventually had to give up one draft pick in each of the first four rounds spread over three seasons as compensation for Parcells. The Patriots gave the Jets a first-round pick for Belichick in 2000. Clearly, the Giants are not giving up their first-round pick when they will likely take potential franchise quarterback Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen when it figures Belichick will only coach a few more years, but other than that, there should be a path to a deal with Kraft, who is close to Mara.

Belichick still has a very soft spot for the Giants, even though they beat him twice in the Super Bowl. He made his name in his 12 years with Big Blue, working the final six as Parcells’ defensive coordinator. He helped the Giants win their first two Super Bowls.

NFL Films followed Belichick around for the 2009 season. Prior to a preseason game against the Giants in the final year of Giants Stadium, the camera crew accompanied Belichick around the Giants locker room. Belichick pointed out the racquetball courts, the coaches locker room and other areas.

He stopped at one point and became teary-eyed.

“This is a great organization,” he said. “It’s hard not to get choked up about it. I loved it here. I loved it here.”

After losing to the Giants a second time in the Super Bowl following the 2011 season, he gave Tom Coughlin an extraordinarily long hug. They worked together for three years on Parcells’ staff.

Even though Belichick is 65 years old, he doesn’t seem to be burned out on coaching. He’s in his 18th season with the Patriots and in the first 17 has been to seven Super Bowls and won five and New England could be on its way to winning another on Feb. 4 in Minneapolis.

Belichick, like most coaches, doesn’t enter the final year of his contract. It hurts recruiting free agents and it takes away some of their authority if the players believe the coach is a lame duck. In this case, I’ve heard Kraft specifically won’t allow Belichick to enter the final year because he’s been concerned he would go to the Giants.
The Patriots responded to the ESPN story with a joint statement from Kraft, Belichick and Brady, denying that there is rift: “For the past 18 years, the three of us have enjoyed a very good and productive working relationship...We stand united.”

Will a 65-year old coach, a 40-year old quarterback and a 76-year old owner really want to break up the band before they win every Super Bowl possible? Because of a problem with Brady’s personal trainer? Because of the Garoppolo trade? Because Brady feels unappreciated by Belichick?

If this is it for Belichick in New England, it will be good news for the Jets and could be great news for the Giants.
Once A Giant, Always a Giant.
:budd

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well to be fair, this is the second time I've read something like this.
This is the first that Ive seen about the Giants but we have seen a few articles about the ego clash at different times this season. I dont think its likely that its going to happen but with more and more coming out you have to think the split could be coming.

vince

Not So New Member
This is the first that Ive seen about the Giants but we have seen a few articles about the ego clash at different times this season. I dont think its likely that its going to happen but with more and more coming out you have to think the split could be coming.
Actually I just looked up the source of the other article I read and it's the same one. So hopefully it's just a reach for a story.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hire Belichick to be our GM. No drama that way, and he can transition to being the official HC the next season.

Rev

Staff member
Hire Belichick to be our GM. No drama that way, and he can transition to being the official HC the next season.
If the GM isnt Jerry there will be drama.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jerry hire someone who will want control? Are you new here? :lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You wanted to know how this all could work? That’s it. Keep Bill away from fing NY.

If you try to sign Belichick as HC, the Pats can demand compensation or deny access altogether.

Instead sign him as GM, with the understanding that the Joneses can ultimately override any decision and that Bill’s main duties are making sure the team is run well. Basically a role beyond what they wanted Reeves for but still within the parameters of the Joneses being in charge.

Bill can fire Jason if he wants to and put in his own people. Maybe he can make Garrett into a real coach.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You wanted to know how this all could work? That’s it. Keep Bill away from fing NY.

If you try to sign Belichick as HC, the Pats can demand compensation or deny access altogether.

Instead sign him as GM, with the understanding that the Joneses can ultimately override any decision and that Bill’s main duties are making sure the team is run well. Basically a role beyond what they wanted Reeves for but still within the parameters of the Joneses being in charge.

Bill can fire Jason if he wants to and put in his own people. Maybe he can make Garrett into a real coach.
You worry me, Ravi. You worry me a lot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You worry me, Ravi. You worry me a lot.
Yeah. I see no way for a Belichick installation in the Cowboys organization. He would be at best three layers down on the organization chart even if he was the HC. There are no slots that would lure him to the structure of the Dallas Cowboys.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
To anyone that thinks Belichick is a possibility in Dallas in any way, shape or form, please pass me whatever you're smoking because it must be some really good shit and I wouldn't mind a hit about now.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He returns credibility to Dallas, and if he can win here of all places (where Parcells could not) and without Brady it proves once and for all he’s the GOAT hands down no questions asked.

Belichick clearly gains, and they’d treat him like a god in Dallas.

Joneses gain credibility and a chance to win before they die. Moreover it’s a model for Stephen of how to really run a franchise. Like when he needed BP to get his stadium, he needs Belichick now.

Finally there is Garrett. Laugh all you want, but his production and attitude have been warped by having to play up to the Joneses 24/7. Belichick shows Garrett how it’s done. Or he fires him and runs the show himself.

At 65 Bill ain’t that young, this is his last job, and it would be the most visible in football.

Rev

Staff member
All said, I know it’s a pipe dream. But that would be the way.
Jerry's ego crushes that pipe before it even gets started.

I understand your thinking and would love for it to happen. I'm just defeated and tired of living on hope.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Top Bottom