Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Garrett has to go!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
    The same "embarrassment of riches" that couldn't win more than 6 games the year before he arrived? Or 8 games the year before that?

    Alex Smith was considered a bust.

    So was Vernon Davis.

    Where was Patrick Willis' All-Pro seasons taking them before he arrived?

    And that "lack of competition" in the division sure did prove to be too much for them to handle prior to 2011, right?

    He did a marvelous job there while never having good QB play. He got to 3 straight conference championships and lost back to back NFCCs to a team that should've won back to back Super Bowls if not for a retarded call at the goal line.

    But yea, he was overrated.

    So I guess you think Sean McVay was also handed an embarrassment of riches in LA this year too? Because he had a #1 QB, a top flight RB, a 1st round WR, and the best interior defensive lineman in football. So it must just be all that has allowed him to succeed according to your logic.

    Never mind that another coach with the same players made them look like shit.
    A) You plain didnít read the part where I said his predecessor was bad. Laughably even. Worse than Campo. Any half way decent coach could have gotten that group to play well.

    B) Vernon Davis was a pro bowler who had his best season before Hairball arrived. What r u referring to?

    C) Alex Smith was limited and Harbaugh replaced him with an equally limited player. Smith left and performed better under Andy Reid. All Smith needed was to not have his OC change every year.

    D) Harbaugh rode that crappy division and that over the top talent to highest seeding every year. Against real competition he failed. Consistentlyó outside of one miracle game vs the Saints he won by the skin of his teeth. Had he not had the Home seeding heíd have lost.

    E) He had elite talent at OT, LG, TE, RB, DT, all four LB spots, and both safeties. Thatís insane. He had borderline elite talent at CB, NT, DT, RG, C, RT, 1WR, and 2WR. He had a better than average QB and remaining CB.

    I watched him against us in 2011 and he had the game sewn up. All he had to do was take points off the board, kneel three times and rekick a field goal. Instead he gave Tony Romo an opening and lost to Jesse Holley.

    The 49ers fell apart because no one can keep that kind of roster together, especially not a poor front office. Hairball saw the writing on the wall and rolled.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by midswat View Post
      Preach brotha


      You should tweet that
      I'm not on the twitspace.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
        I'm not on the twitspace.
        I’m not either. Cell phone salesman tried to show me how to use it but I grabbed him by the collar and let him know I don’t tweet. Then I left the store and started the backwards hat trend.

        Way I was raised.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
          He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and itís laughable he didnít go to/win multiple Superbowls. I donít think Iíve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that. He drew praise by contrast with an even worse coach in Singletary.

          Pete Carroll lapped his ass and put him down like a bitch. His own brother is a far better coach.

          Jim Harbaugh is an attention whore of the highest order, and I donít want him anywhere near Dallas.
          Had he stuck around, he quite possibly could have. So let's see here, he accomplished more in four years than anything Dallas has done in the past twenty years combined.

          Yeah, I would take that bitch just to see if he could do it again.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
            Had he stuck around, he quite possibly could have. So let's see here, he accomplished more in four years than anything Dallas has done in the past twenty years combined.

            Yeah, I would take that bitch just to see if he could do it again.
            I wouldn’t. What San Fran had was flash in the pan.

            What Jason’s building will win championships. Yes. Plural.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
              Had he stuck around, he quite possibly could have.
              No. Kaep was Dak'ing/RG3'ing out while Hairball was still there, and the rest of his talent base was eroding rapidly. Carroll's Seahawks were already dominating his team as it was. Hairball was staring uphill at an impossible rebuilding job with one of the most difficult-to-work-with front offices in the game.

              His easy path to HFA was over, his talent base was coming apart, and his pistol-offense using gimmick QB was exposed.

              At that point he'd have to actually coach, not just galavant up and down the sidelines screaming at refs about holding calls.

              He can't even win at fricking Michigan, with an all but guaranteed talent base. 5 losses this season alone and no chance of beating OSU.

              What's he offering? No X's and O's for sure and he's not even recruiting well which is what they brought him in to do.

              Originally posted by boozeman View Post
              So let's see here, he accomplished more in four years than anything Dallas has done in the past twenty years combined.
              So has every coach who's lasted 4 years or more in the last twenty years. The bar is not high. In fact along with Detroit, it is as about as low as it gets.

              Comment


              • Comment


                • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                  Forever and ever.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                    Comment


                    • Let's go get Belichick!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vince View Post
                        Let's go get Belichick!
                        He could be available and Jones would be "we like what we have in Jason".

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                          He could be available and Jones would be "we like what we have in Jason".

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by vince View Post
                            Let's go get Belichick!
                            Watch him end up with the Giants.
                            2014=2009, 2015=2010?

                            The Garrett Song

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                              He could be available and Jones would be "we like what we have in Jason".
                              Belichick would never work for Jerry. You know that.
                              defense wins championships

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                                No. Kaep was Dak'ing/RG3'ing out while Hairball was still there, and the rest of his talent base was eroding rapidly. Carroll's Seahawks were already dominating his team as it was. Hairball was staring uphill at an impossible rebuilding job with one of the most difficult-to-work-with front offices in the game.

                                His easy path to HFA was over, his talent base was coming apart, and his pistol-offense using gimmick QB was exposed.

                                At that point he'd have to actually coach, not just galavant up and down the sidelines screaming at refs about holding calls.

                                He can't even win at fricking Michigan, with an all but guaranteed talent base. 5 losses this season alone and no chance of beating OSU.

                                What's he offering? No X's and O's for sure and he's not even recruiting well which is what they brought him in to do.
                                You make good points. If Dallas really wanted to hire a coach from the state of Michigan, they would get D'Antonio. I am a Michigan State Spartan so I am biased, but this guy is an incredible coach. Generally conservative but seems to know when to get aggressive at the perfect time. Steady as a fuckin rock. I want Dallas to bring in a college prospect when Garrett inevitably gets fired and would put Sweeney, Petersen and Saban at the top of the list.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X