X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    He is 10 times the offensive coach that Garrett ever dreamed of being. He went to a Superbowl with Colin Kaepernick for gods sake. Did you see what happened to the 49ers as soon as he left? They fell apart. In terms of x's and o's he is actually twice the coach his brother is as well.

You're accurate on one point though. The guy is a D-bag. I'm just willing to put up with it because he is a great coach.
    He took Alex Smith to an NFCC in his first season as well.

How anyone could say that someone who took one of the worst teams in the NFL to 3 straights NFCC's and a SB is on par with Garrett in football knowledge is beyond me.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
      Fox and Del Rio would be fine DC's, not HC's. But we should just stick with Marinelli.
      Yeah I'm not sure either would be a significant upgrade over Marinelli as a defensive coordinator so I'm not sure it would be worth the switch.

But certainly neither is a head coaching candidate in the NFL right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
        He took Alex Smith to an NFCC in his first season as well.

How anyone could say that someone who took one of the worst teams in the NFL to 3 straights NFCC's and a SB is on par with Garrett in football knowledge is beyond me.
        I think he will eventually return to the NFL. I'm envious of the team that gets him.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
          Dude, his meager excuse for ability isnít worth the crazy personality. Jason Garrett has the same football knowledge minus the drama.

We need better football knowledge and a stronger disciplinarian than Garrett. Hairball takes us sideways and down an incline.

Believe ve me heíll be outwardly blaming his failures on Jerry in no time. Now Jerry is an easy target, but remind me exactly where Hairball has actually succeeded again that makes him this great catch?
          Granted he's never won a championship but if we're simply comparing him to Garrett, this is a slam dunk easy decision to make. Harbaugh by far is a better coach and more accomplished than Garrett.

It's no guarantee that the Cowboys would be Super Bowl contenders with Harbaugh, but bringing him in would at least be a gigantic step in the right direction.

This shouldn't even be up for debate. Even Garrett's family would acknowledge this.

Comment

I don't know why its even a debate.
            #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
              He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that.
              Is that you, Barry Switzer?

Comment

Good to see some support for Del Rio. I always thought he did a good job in Jacksonville. They had some good years with David Freaking Garrard.

And I'm surprised anyone would compare him to Garrett. At least Del Rio is a former Jimmy linebacker who usually has tough teams. He's anything but the hind tit-sucking company man politician that Garrett is.
                2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
                  Good to see some support for Del Rio. I always thought he did a good job in Jacksonville. They had some good years with David Freaking Garrard.

And I'm surprised anyone would compare him to Garrett. At least Del Rio is a former Jimmy linebacker who usually has tough teams. He's anything but the hind tit-sucking company man politician that Garrett is.
                  Yeah I like Del Rio, but what happened to the Raiders this year is a real head scratcher. No excuse for that team to have fallen off the way they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                    Yeah I like Del Rio, but what happened to the Raiders this year is a real head scratcher. No excuse for that team to have fallen off the way they did.
                    God punished them for signing that ass hole Marshawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                      True, but they did fire him for it, the year after they went 12-4.

How sad is it when there's less accountability here than with the Mark Davis-led Raiders?
                      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                        He had an embarrassment of riches in Frisco, almost no competition within his division, and it’s laughable he didn’t go to/win multiple Superbowls. I don’t think I’ve seen a more talented team in the post free agency era just handed to someone like that. He drew praise by contrast with an even worse coach in Singletary.
                        The same "embarrassment of riches" that couldn't win more than 6 games the year before he arrived? Or 8 games the year before that?

Alex Smith was considered a bust.

So was Vernon Davis.

Where was Patrick Willis' All-Pro seasons taking them before he arrived?

And that "lack of competition" in the division sure did prove to be too much for them to handle prior to 2011, right?

He did a marvelous job there while never having good QB play. He got to 3 straight conference championships and lost back to back NFCCs to a team that should've won back to back Super Bowls if not for a retarded call at the goal line.

But yea, he was overrated.

So I guess you think Sean McVay was also handed an embarrassment of riches in LA this year too? Because he had a #1 QB, a top flight RB, a 1st round WR, and the best interior defensive lineman in football. So it must just be all that has allowed him to succeed according to your logic.

Never mind that another coach with the same players made them look like shit.
                        2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

• Yeah, nobody was calling the Niners any embarrassment of riches before Harbaugh got there. They'd been in the ditch for like a decade.
                          2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
                            Never mind that another coach with the same players made them look like shit.
                            Seems like McVay is young, passionate, and personable enough to connect with his team.

I believe the Jason Garrett career trajectory will closely mimic Fisher's, with his employment finally terminated after 15+ years of consistent mediocrity.

Comment

• What sucks is that Jerry is confident that Jason Garrett will eventually luck in to success. And you know, it could happen one day. One of these seasons it could all just sync right up, but I'm convinced that last year was the closest we'll be for awhile.

He is going to give him all the time in the world, because he was his own hand-picked HC. Nevermind that the guy had no coaching credentials. He's went to Princeton and he was my backup QB! Don't you remember the motherhumping Thanksgiving Game?

I admit that initially I was a little excited that Garrett could be that young coach we needed. A guy who had played recently enough that his ideas would be fresh. He'd connect with these younger guys in a way that Wade and Parcells could not. Wade took a talented team that Parcells built and got them close. Garrett was going to come in and inspire confidence, put in a dynamic offense that he'd been holding back while Wade was HC(hahahaha), and bring Dallas back to the glory years.

But we get consistent mediocrity, minus the magical season last year which should have been a Super Bowl win. The same middle of the pack results and the same offseason frustrations, excuses, and pledges to make things right. You'll see, we're the Dahlus Cahboys and winning is important!

For 31 NFL teams, this is a results-driven league. if you're not getting your teams to the playoffs regularly, you're not going to stick around unless you're in Dallas or Cinncinnati. Mr. Jones doesn't have to make a coaching decision because his job doesn't depend on it. He is an old oil man who struck gold and now wants his business to run as efficiently and conveniently as possible. He's wanting to put this thing on auto-pilot and just let it make money. No walking on eggshells, no awkward meetings with your former players who aren't performing well as your head coach...just blabber about continuity, right kind of guy, do your job, what the fuck ever. When there's a hint of rumblings, just dont' re-sign the position coaches whose contracts were expiring. Boom, Hall of Fame!

So bull-headed Jerry will not admit defeat. He's confident that Garrett's system will one day work. He just wants that chance to say, "I told you so! And I did it my stupid ass way!"

Comment

• Preach brotha

You should tweet that

Comment

Working...
                                X