• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Cowboys’ David Irving in concussion protocol
      Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2017, 12:04 PM EST

Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving finished last week’s game against Washington, but has a problem now.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Irving is being held out of practice today because of an after-the-fact concussion diagnosis.

After last week’s game, it was mentioned that he may have suffered a concussion, so apparently that was the case.

Being in the protocol now means he’d have to be cleared by an independent neurologist before Sunday if he’s going to play against the Giants.

Irving has bounced back well from his four-game PED suspension to start the year, with 7.0 sacks in eight games.

Comment

Comment

Not really significant to me but Dallas will wear their blue jerseys with white pants against NY, NY will wear their all white unis. I don't know if it's just me but I've gotten sick of this alternative uniform crap. It was kinda cool when they first started doing it but now it's just an excuse for the teams and league to rake in more $$ through merchandise sales, IMO.

http://www.5pointsblue.com/breaking-...nation-sunday/

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
            Cowboys’ David Irving in concussion protocol
            Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2017, 12:04 PM EST

Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving finished last week’s game against Washington, but has a problem now.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Irving is being held out of practice today because of an after-the-fact concussion diagnosis.

After last week’s game, it was mentioned that he may have suffered a concussion, so apparently that was the case.

Being in the protocol now means he’d have to be cleared by an independent neurologist before Sunday if he’s going to play against the Giants.

Irving has bounced back well from his four-game PED suspension to start the year, with 7.0 sacks in eight games.
            That would suck if he can't play. He and Lawrence have really been getting the job done. It still shouldn't be a game that's in doubt though, NY is just that bad.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sweet, I'm sure we won't be able to throw the ball for shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                    Sweet, I'm sure we won't be able to throw the ball for shit.
                    If Dak repeats last year in NY, this season is over.

Comment

He has never been a good windy/cold weather QB in my opinion. And yet we always seem to play our New York game late in the season and the Dallas one early.

Comment

Comment

You should expect more of the same game plan as we trotted out vs the skins. I anticipate
                          about 40 carries for Morris. Linehan is so creative.
                          defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                            You should expect more of the same game plan as we trotted out vs the skins. I anticipate
                            about 40 carries for Morris. Linehan is so creative.
                            If we run it 40 times you will hear no bitching from me.

Comment

If we run it 40 times you will hear no bitching from me.
                              At least we'll see if he's worth resigning.

Comment

Cowboys set to go with three rookies in secondary against Giants
                                10:36 AM CT
                                Todd Archer
                                ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- With Orlando Scandrick out for Sunday's game against the New York Giants because of two transverse process fractures, the Dallas Cowboys are looking at going with three rookies at cornerback.

Chidobe Awuzie, the team's second-round pick, made his first start of the season at outside cornerback in the win over the Washington Redskins, with sixth-rounder Xavier Woods handling nickel spot. Jourdan Lewis, a third-round pick, is looking to replace Scandrick.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said he has never had rookies as his top three cornerbacks.

Rookies Jourdan Lewis, Chidobe Awuzie and Xavier Woods -- all drafted to remake the Cowboys' secondary -- are set to be the top three cornerbacks Sunday against Eli Manning. AP Photo/Ron Jenkins, File
                                "The key is you just keep peeling your defense back," Marinelli said. "Make sure you don't make mistakes, keep everything in front of us. They're the ceiling to the whole house, keep it in front of us and make them earn it down the road. Got a lot of confidence. They've got a lot of energy right now. They're excited. And so that's fun. Ears are open. They're ready to play so it's our job to help them."

Awuzie had three pass breakups against Washington after being limited for most of the season with a hamstring strain. Woods had four tackles and a season-high two quarterback pressures. Lewis had three tackles playing in the dime package before Scandrick left the game.

The Cowboys drafted all three with the idea of remaking the secondary after letting Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne and Barry Church walk in free agency. They signed Nolan Carroll in free agency, but he was released earlier in the season after Lewis showed he was ready for a larger role. Anthony Brown's role was reduced after his struggles, which led to Awuzie playing more. Now Scandrick is hurt.

"We said this before even rookie minicamp we want to be one of the best DB groups as a whole, not just rookies but as a whole coming into this league," Woods said. "We haven't been but that definitely takes time. But we have the athletes and the ability to do so."

Eli Manning is returning to the Giants' starting lineup Sunday, and the veteran quarterback will be staring at a young secondary.

Lewis isn't worried about being targeted.

"I just go out there and execute my game plan regardless of whatever goes on," he said. "I'm just looking at the receivers, what they like to do in certain situations and formations and those things like that."

Marinelli wants the youngsters to be patient.

"You can't bite the cheese, man," Marinelli said. "You can't go up and start biting. You've got to stay back, stay back. That's hard because you're in zone and you see some guy there and as soon as you take a step up it's over your head. It's all drill work and understanding what we've got to do and just have fun coaching these guys."

This is actually something to get a little excited about. We have 3 legit rookie DBs and they have all earned the opportunity for this playing time. It's also a little interesting that Woods is being used as a nickle corner. From what I have seen he does a pretty good job at it. He is one of our few DBs who understands zone concepts. Plus he adds some run defense so you can basically run the nickle as your base defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X