Cowlishaw: The Heat Is On

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Actual headline from today's Ft. Worth Star Telegram:

Cowboys return to playing Jason Garrett football

:picard

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Just because the object of the game is to win, a fan can wish for their team to lose and still be considered a fan. Because the fan knows that losing will force change upon a complacent organization, precisely what this Cowboys team is. Complacent and lazy, and oh yes, poorly coached from top to bottom. None of these fans cares one bit less for the Cowboys; in fact, one could say that it takes a certain fortitude for a fan to endure losing to the point that they want the losing bring about change that fans feel is in the best interest of the team. And seeing that Garret has had 7 middling years here to win with the most valuable franchise in the world, we deserve better. To the point of having to force Garrett out with embarrassing losses, making a mockery of a proud winning tradition that precedes and rises above the current regime. This is surely what fandom is about.

Jesus, that was like Linus explaining the meaning of Christmas. Well done.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The heat is on, on the street
Inside your head, on every beat
And the beat's so loud, deep inside
The pressure's high, just to stay alive
'Cause the heat is on

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
'Cause the heat is on
I, too, was singing that song when (and every time) I see the title of this article.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

That is hilarious because when we kept running and running and running, I was wondering if Garrett was bound and gagged on the sideline.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
'Cause the heat is on

Whoa ooo oh oh, whoa ooh oh oh

p1_

DCC 4Life
That is hilarious because when we kept running and running and running, I was wondering if Garrett was bound and gagged on the sideline.
If Washington hadnt kept giving us the ball, Im sure we would have seen a different offense. And certainly, had we fallen behind at any point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Washington hadnt kept giving us the ball, Im sure we would have seen a different offense. And certainly, had we fallen behind at any point.
No question. Plus I'm sure Daks hand kind of put them in run the ball mode. I love the read option but the regular option is going to get him killed.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No question. Plus I'm sure Daks hand kind of put them in run the ball mode. I love the read option but the regular option is going to get him killed.
Yep, I gave no idea why that play resurfaced in recent years. It’s stupid at the professional level, unless you don’t GAS about your QB.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

You can't be serious.

Edit, read the article. He is serious, that was a real headline. But the good news is Engel didn't mean it as much of a compliment. Said under Garrett the Cowboys do just enough to remain relevant even if it's just by beating bad teams, and they Skins are really bad. As are the Giants and Raiders, so we'll at least remain in the conversation.

Last edited:

shane

DCC 4Life
Better to go 6-10 and return with a new defensive coordinator next year I guess.

People who think Garrett is getting replaced for losing without Zeke have no idea the level of Jerry forgiveness. Jerry will make Zeke the excuse and the suspension the reason for the loses and hold onto Garrett just like he did the season we didn't have Romo. So if you're rooting to lose so that Garrett gets ousted you're wasting your time and efforts and enduring the pain of embarrassment for no reason.
You're probably right, but I'd still have them tank completely for the purposes of getting a higher draft pick. I don't want to see the Rams or the Vikings beat the ever-loving shit out of us in the first round if we somehow win out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're probably right, but I'd still have them tank completely for the purposes of getting a higher draft pick. I don't want to see the Rams or the Vikings beat the ever-loving shit out of us in the first round if we somehow win out.
We should have beat the Rams earlier this year. I doubt they beat the shit out of us with a healthy Zeke.

Genghis Khan

We should have beat the Rams earlier this year. I doubt they beat the shit out of us with a healthy Zeke.
The thing about getting into the playoffs this season is that if we do manage it, we could turn pretty formidable pretty quickly. Assuming Lee & Tyron are healthy. Zeke should be fresher than everyone else and behind that Dak should be back to normal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing about getting into the playoffs this season is that if we do manage it, we could turn pretty formidable pretty quickly. Assuming Lee & Tyron are healthy. Zeke should be fresher than everyone else and behind that Dak should be back to normal.
Yeah the top playoff teams don't scare me this year. The Falcons and Packers (Healthy Rodgers) are the two NFC teams that would scare me the most. But stud WRs are our weakness.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dont make the mistaken assumption that Zeke will be in prime form after the layoff. Takes him a few games to get in shape. And his ass has been in Cabo and stuff.

Genghis Khan

Dont make the mistaken assumption that Zeke will be in prime form after the layoff. Takes him a few games to get in shape. And his ass has been in Cabo and stuff.

Remember Julius Jones in 2004? Fresh legs can make a big difference late in the year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fresh legs can dominate but you're right. If he packed on 20 pounds eating burritos the last month he might suck. It's hard to know since the team is allowed no contact with him.

Top Bottom