Jerry Jones hires lawyer and threatens to sue over Roger Goodell extension

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Maybe Jerry will fight this to his last breath and rid us of Goodell.

2 birds, one stone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've never been one to believe in referee conspiracies or the league trying to tilt outcomes, despite the bullshit that happened against the Packers the last two playoff games, but at this point I'm expecting there to be plenty of questionable shit going down in our games for the foreseeable future.
Yeah it started last week. Should be interesting to see how it continues.

They already got the no holding call streak going.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I can't stand Jones for the most part. Terrible GM, and a man that thinks building a team as a money machine trumps building a team that can actually win on the field.

But...theres no denying what he has done for the profitability and popularity of the game, and he is a true marketing guru. He has the horses and a way with people- theres no doubt in my mind he has a huge hard on for Goodell now, and if he can't get people to buy in to his opinion, then he's not afraid to use a scorched earth tactic to get his way. Look no further than what he did with Nike, Pepsi, etc.

He isn't afraid of Goodell, the NFL, nor any of the other owners.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Schefter reported yesterday that his source within the NFL that told him a few days ago that he was 100% certain the Goodell deal would go through, but yesterday, he reduced the number to 75%.

As Schefter said, that's still a very high probability, but just the fact that the guy reduced his odds by 25% just days after saying that it was a sure thing means that Jerry Jones is gaining traction.
Schefter's "sources" said the same shit over 2 months ago, yet Goodell's contract is still not done.

midswat

... soon
I've never been one to believe in referee conspiracies or the league trying to tilt outcomes, despite the bullshit that happened against the Packers the last two playoff games, but at this point I'm expecting there to be plenty of questionable shit going down in our games for the foreseeable future.
Unlikely.

Patriots have been at odds with Goodell the last 15 years. Hasn’t stopped them from having success.

This team will continue to flounder because inept coaching and the general atmosphere around a Jerry owned team. Not because of any conspiracy.

Cotton

Staff member

Fuck me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Fuck me.
Yeah I just don't care any more. Maybe now he will stop having the refs fuck with us or something like that. Basically Goodell and his goons have beaten me into submission just like the rest of the NFL.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Looks like Jerry coming at Goodell with "everything he has" about amounted to a pussy fart.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah I just don't care any more. Maybe now he will stop having the refs fuck with us or something like that. Basically Goodell and his goons have beaten me into submission just like the rest of the NFL.
Just have to hope the players do much better with the next CBA, otherwise, the NFL may be completely unwatchable within the next decade.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Fuck me.
Fuck the NFL. these MFers are ruining the game.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Here is the message that was sent and the MFers that signed off on this crap:

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension with the league, according to a memo sent to NFL owners from Compensation Committee. The memo was obtained Wednesday by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

In the memo, the Compensation Committee stated the contract "has been signed by the Commissioner and by [Falcons owner] Arthur Blank, on behalf of the League entities."

Goodell, 58, succeeded Paul Tagliabue in September of 2006. He first joined the league as an intern back in 1982.

Here is the memo sent to NFL team owners on behalf of the Compensation Committee announcing Goodell signed his extension:

Dear Owners,

Please see the below message sent on behalf of the Compensation Committee.

All,

In recent days, we have spoken with each of you individually regarding the status of the negotiations to extend Commissioner Goodell's employment contract. In the course of those discussions, we have reviewed with you the details of the contract extension. Our Committee unanimously supports the contract and believes that it is fully consistent with "market" compensation and the financial and other parameters outlined to the owners at our May 2017 meeting, as well as in the best interests of ownership. We also have expressed in those conversations our strong and unanimous belief that we should proceed to sign the agreement now, consistent with the unanimous May resolution and to avoid further controversy surrounding this issue. We are pleased to report that there is a nearly unanimous consensus among the ownership in favor of signing the contract extension now.

Accordingly, this will advise the ownership that a binding contract extension has been signed by the Commissioner and by Arthur Blank, on behalf of the League entities.

We are pleased to have resolved this issue and we appreciate the strong support received from our partners. It was particularly gratifying to hear so many owners commit to being more engaged in League affairs and to express the desire to work more closely with the Commissioner and League staff on matters critical to the League. We know that we speak for all of you, as well as for the Commissioner, in saying that the NFL is strongest when our ownership is active and unified.

We look forward to seeing each of you at the Special Meeting in Dallas on December 13th and to working together, as a partnership, to address the important issues facing the League.

Sincerely,

Compensation Committee:

Arthur Blank, Chairman

Clark Hunt

Robert Kraft

John Mara

Bob McNair

Art Rooney

Rich McKay (chairman) – president, Atlanta Falcons
John Mara – owner, New York Giants
Stephen Jones – owner, Dallas Cowboys
Mark Murphy – president, Green Bay Packers
Ozzie Newsome – general manager, Baltimore Ravens
Rick Smith – general manager, Houston Texans
Marvin Lewis – head coach, Cincinnati Bengals
Mike Tomlin – head coach, Pittsburgh Steelers
Bruce Arians – head coach, Arizona Cardinals
John Elway – general manager, Denver Broncos
Sean Payton – head coach, New Orleans Saints

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000888981/article/nfl-extends-commissioner-roger-goodells-contract

I'm fricking nauseous.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Told you the Commissioner would prevail in all the rubarbs going on.

midswat

... soon
Fuck the NFL. these MFers are ruining the game.
As someone who used to soak in the draft, free agency, actually watch preseason games etc... I used to actually think the NFL as a 12 month a year sport and loved every bit of it. The past few years it has really lost its luster. Largely because of goodell and the random punishments, softening up the game, fucking with the draft, overseas games etc. plus I hate Garrett (not sure if I’ve ever made that clear).

The past few years I started to follow CFB more closely and I get excited about recruiting like I used to the draft. I just need my team to stop sucking like the cowboys and I’ll be okay.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For Jerry to go from belligerent to capitulating so quickly and quietly, and this to go through soon after, there must be some sort of back door deal going on.

Top Bottom