Should there be a Gameday Chat Forum?

Should there be a Gameday Chat Forum?

• Total voters

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would only be in favor if there would be a way to post a transcript. Sometimes I go into old chatter threads as I re-watch games just to amuse myself.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
What you need is for the fucking gameday thread to keep up with real-time posts. You click "go to last post" and it takes you to a post uploaded three hours ago. Aggravating to the extreme and it never gets permanently fixed.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well I voted for the chat but not that im used to the thread i think I should change my vote. The chat was fun but I do like to go back and read. I mean if we didnt have the thread we wouldnt know when someone was going to titty fuck someone if you werent present. :unsure All kidding aside the things posted in there after the game I would probably miss. The tweets and such in postgame because I usually just turn the game off.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Well I voted for the chat but not that im used to the thread i think I should change my vote. The chat was fun but I do like to go back and read. I mean if we didnt have the thread we wouldnt know when someone was going to titty fuck someone if you werent present. :unsure All kidding aside the things posted in there after the game I would probably miss. The tweets and such in postgame because I usually just turn the game off.
:laff Rev chickening out after seeing poll results

Rev

Staff member
:laff Rev chickening out after seeing poll results
Not at all. Just thought about it more. A lot of tweets and articles get posted after the game in the gameday thread that I dont have to hunt for.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
What you need is for the fucking gameday thread to keep up with real-time posts. You click "go to last post" and it takes you to a post uploaded three hours ago. Aggravating to the extreme and it never gets permanently fixed.
Co-signed

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Definitely missed that post. Not sure if sorry or thankful...

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Didn't we once have a chat, and it quickly fell out of favor?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What I do on the game day thread is use the refresh tool on the browser. If there are new postings the browser will pick them up. After I have read the most recent then I press the refresh i on in the URL space and as I continue an see a remark I want to address I do so the continue on with the browser process.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Definitely no. I'm not here for a lot of games and it's great to go back and read how the live thread unfolds.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I really miss the old chat that we used at CZ, I’m pretty sure it was there, or maybe the board right before CZ turned into CZ.

I’d use the chat for game days, but I’m also reluctant to say that because I don’t wanna piss NoDak off, so I won’t say it.

data

Forbes #1
Chat was the shiznit back in the day, but tech has evolved for gifs, YouTube, tweets...can’t get that in chat.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven’t participated in a chat room but what can you do in that mode that you can’t do in the thread mode?

Rev

Staff member
I haven’t participated in a chat room but what can you do in that mode that you can’t do in the thread mode?
It's just faster and convienent.

In fact you would have probably got your answer to your question before you were able to move the mouse to click off the page.

Last edited:

Landry

DCC 4Life
Yeah without the gifs it wouldn't be the same. I also read through the game day thread in work on Monday morning.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah a live-updating thread might be the best of both worlds.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I really miss the old chat that we used at CZ, I’m pretty sure it was there, or maybe the board right before CZ turned into CZ.

I’d use the chat for game days, but I’m also reluctant to say that because I don’t wanna piss NoDak off, so I won’t say it.
You could never anger me, Bae.

Top Bottom