Garrett Watch Thread...

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
My guess is Garrett goes somewhere else and is a better coach. Fear of losing your job is a great motivator to change your ways and conform for success.

Being in the family portrait and knowing you are “learning on the job” isn’t a real motivation.
I'll take all of that bet that you want to give. He's had several loaded rosters here and hasn't done jack shit.

IF he suckers some team into a HC job it'll probably be some dreg of a roster team that has few coaching options, and Garrett will go 2-14 and 3-13 and get shitcanned in two seasons tops.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll take all of that bet that you want to give. He's had several loaded rosters here and hasn't done jack shit.

IF he suckers some team into a HC job it'll probably be some dreg of a roster team that has few coaching options, and Garrett will go 2-14 and 3-13 and get shitcanned in two seasons tops.
Again I’m basing what I said off Garrett’s job security. I’m certainly not saying he’s going to be a playoff level coach or anywhere near that if he is hired somewhere else. I’m just saying if he’s in a situation where his job depends on him changing his arrogance and inability to motivate people he may be forced to adapt which may make him a better coach. He is not held accountable in Dallas. But yes, overall he’s never going to be an above average NFL coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again I’m basing what I said off Garrett’s job security. I’m certainly not saying he’s going to be a playoff level coach or anywhere near that if he is hired somewhere else. I’m just saying if he’s in a situation where his job depends on him changing his arrogance and inability to motivate people he may be forced to adapt which may make him a better coach. He is not held accountable in Dallas. But yes, overall he’s never going to be an above average NFL coach.
The man is a contract year. If that isn't enough motivation I don't know what will.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm with Booze. I don't think Garrett lacks motivation. I think he tries very hard. He just doesn't have great coaching in him.

I also push back against the Garrett fans who think Jerry holds him back. I think it's the opposite. Jerry loves Garrett like a son and has given him breaks most owners wouldn't. Most owners would have fired him after the three 8-8 years when it only took nine wins to take a sorry division.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I mentioned this the other day, it seemed like his snap counts had been going way up. Had no idea it was this bad.

Meanwhile Blake Jarwin, who actually does have some downfield receiving skills rots on the pine.
This to me reeks of Garrett. Jarwin is being completely wasted

p1_

DCC 4Life

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I wonder just how much the giving in to Zeke Elliot has affected the moral of some of the team personnel. There seems to be an underlying something that is affecting the team especially on the offensive OL. Nothing that jumps out but something seems to be dragging down the performance of players on both sides of the ball. Is there possibly some resentment fall out?
OMG. First, it's morale, with an "e", not moral. Second, teams all over the NFL have huge disparities is salaries. Doesn't seem to affect them.

Resentment? Jeesh. What planet are you on?

p1_

DCC 4Life

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Garrett's problem is that he lacks creativity and spontaneity. As Colishaw states, an arrogance that his plan is right, and if it doesn't work, then we just have to go back and work harder on the same plan.

If you're an OC or a DC from another team, you can take the week off. "We know how they're going to line up, what they're going to do." The Jets QB said, "they do what they always do." And he picked them apart.

Hand it to Zeke on first down, throw it to Witten when it's too late. It's Garrett's comfort zone.

The old battle-planning saying is, when the first round goes down range, the whole plan changes. That's what Garrett is so horrible at. He just sticks with the plan.

In WWI, when British soldiers were fed into the slaughter, because the British generals were so stiff-necked and unimaginative, the saying was: Lions, led by donkeys.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
First, he'll never be a NFL HC again.

Second, if he does sucker some dipshit team into it, he'll never win.

Third, put crackpipe down.
You've been trolled. Go take a seat on the bench.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
OMG. First, it's morale, with an "e", not moral. Second, teams all over the NFL have huge disparities is salaries. Doesn't seem to affect them.

Resentment? Jeesh. What planet are you on?
Piss off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only way Jones moves on from this fop is if the team gives up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
The only way Jones moves on from this fop is if the team gives up.
I think this Sunday night will seal it if they come out the same as the last 2 weeks. The first half will tell the tale. It could be epic.

So everyone thinks Lincoln Riley will be the next coach when Garrett is canned. Let’s face it. It’s gonna happen because they won’t make the championship game this year. Hell they might not win 6 games at this rate. So how good is Lincoln Riley?

Top Bottom