Garrett Watch Thread...

shoop

Semi-contributing member
It’s comments like in the OP that ultimately made me despise the franchise. Started with his smug indifferent wink/grinning that the team benefited with him at GM when McMahon was grilling Jerry after an embarrassing loss to Atlanta circa 2012 or so.

I used to live and die by this team. Spent countless money on gear, multiple flights from VA to Texas to watch them, or drive up to Fedex. I was a die hard. And this prick shits on his fans.

To make matters worse, the more that was revealed about Stephen, the more it became clear that things would not change once Jerry finally dies. The jones family, their egos, and their misguided priorities has turned a once proud franchise into a joke like Cincinatti, or the Jets.

I hope they extend Jason for 10 more years.
Pretty much this. I have been a fan for almost 40 years. I know people treat football like religion but at some point when you continue to be sold an inferior product you move onto another brand. I will always have an interest in the Cowboys and follow what they do. This board amuses me. Even though I don't post a ton I read everything on an almost daily basis. I've been part of this forum since around 2006.

I have to say I watched the MNF game and enjoyed that game about as much as any cowboys game I have watched in a while.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s comments like in the OP that ultimately made me despise the franchise. Started with his smug indifferent wink/grinning that the team benefited with him at GM when McMahon was grilling Jerry after an embarrassing loss to Atlanta circa 2012 or so.

I used to live and die by this team. Spent countless money on gear, multiple flights from VA to Texas to watch them, or drive up to Fedex. I was a die hard. And this prick shits on his fans.

To make matters worse, the more that was revealed about Stephen, the more it became clear that things would not change once Jerry finally dies. The jones family, their egos, and their misguided priorities has turned a once proud franchise into a joke like Cincinatti, or the Jets.

I hope they extend Jason for 10 more years.
Maybe a poll is in order to be taken on who would no longer be a Cowboys fan or frequent the fan sites if Jason Garrett is renewed as HC of the Cowboys.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
So Garrett has a .368 winning % against teams with a winning record.

And Jerry thinks he’d be sought after in an open market. Got it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tyrone Crawford to have hip surgery, and out for the year.

Garrett's excuses are mounting. He'll be back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So Garrett has a .368 winning % against teams with a winning record.

And Jerry thinks he’d be sought after in an open market. Got it.
Well, he probably will.

Look at the retreads that get jobs every year.

But the reality is this. I don't see anywhere where Garrett would get the rope he has received from Dallas.

If he gets another gig, some of the stupid shit he has got away with under Jones would get him fired elsewhere in very short order.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tyrone Crawford to have hip surgery, and out for the year.

Garrett's excuses are mounting. He'll be back.
it all depends if he rallies the troops to an 8-8 finish. If he does that, chances are strong he returns.

The excuses are not quite where they need to be for a guarantee.

All we need next is for Prescott to go down and then he has it made.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett struggles in those situations because he’s a planner. His strength is long-term decision making. When he has to work through short-term problems, his flaws show.
This is such a great quote.

Planning just means things go to the plan. If that plan goes off the rails, how the coach reacts is a big deal.

Garrett cannot handle things going off plan. Even in games let alone on a season-wide scope.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well, he probably will.

Look at the retreads that get jobs every year.

But the reality is this. I don't see anywhere where Garrett would get the rope he has received from Dallas.

If he gets another gig, some of the stupid shit he has got away with under Garrett would get him fired elsewhere in very short order.
My guess is Garrett goes somewhere else and is a better coach. Fear of losing your job is a great motivator to change your ways and conform for success.

Being in the family portrait and knowing you are “learning on the job” isn’t a real motivation.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My guess is Garrett goes somewhere else and is a better coach. Fear of losing your job is a great motivator to change your ways and conform for success.

Being in the family portrait and knowing you are “learning on the job” isn’t a real motivation.
I disagree. I don't think he is really capable of being more than he has shown.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wonder just how much the giving in to Zeke Elliot has affected the moral of some of the team personnel. There seems to be an underlying something that is affecting the team especially on the offensive OL. Nothing that jumps out but something seems to be dragging down the performance of players on both sides of the ball. Is there possibly some resentment fall out?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wonder just how much the giving in to Zeke Elliot has affected the moral of some of the team personnel.
None. Players as a general rule don't get involved with each other's money. They all want to see people getting paid. They know with the rising top end salaries, the salary cap will also rise with them. And they will end up getting more as a result, as the floor will also rise with the cap ceiling.

data

Forbes #1
My guess is Garrett goes somewhere else and is a better coach.
Garrett’s fires and wins a Super Bowl as HC of another team. Conclusions:

1. Schmitty and I were right. We should’ve kept Garrett.
2. Schmitt was wrong. I’m right. Non-can’t-fail retreads can be worthy.
3. Garrett laughs at DCC implosion and reveals himself to be King of Lareston

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
None. Players as a general rule don't get involved with each other's money. They all want to see people getting paid. They know with the rising top end salaries, the salary cap will also rise with them. And they will end up getting more as a result, as the floor will also rise with the cap ceiling.
Maybe so but agents very much get involved in other players money to bargain for their client. It’s hard for players to not notice high dollar players and whether they are performing up to their scale.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I mentioned this the other day, it seemed like his snap counts had been going way up. Had no idea it was this bad.

Meanwhile Blake Jarwin, who actually does have some downfield receiving skills rots on the pine.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Garrett’s fires and wins a Super Bowl as HC of another team. Conclusions:
First, he'll never be a NFL HC again.

Second, if he does sucker some dipshit team into it, he'll never win.

Third, put crackpipe down.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I bet that would thrill Cowboy players as much as the fans too (Garrett fired)

Top Bottom