Cowlishaw: It’s too early for Cowboys to fire Jason Garrett, but his arrogance is inching him closer to the end

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I believe Garrett took the keys away from Moore as Moore started getting more and more press. Yesterday was Garrett's statement game: "This is my team, I'm driving this bus."

It was vintage Garrett: predictable in almost every respect. First down? Line up in the run package and run. D expects it stuffs it. Second and 8? Now it's time to throw, maybe. D sees it, sends the blitz.

I'd love to know how often they threw on 1st down.

I could not believe that last series when he used up so much of the clock running the ball. Vintage Garrett.

Who knows if Jerry will fire him? Doesn't really matter, though. Jerry will hire whoever replaces him.
I agree. We haven't seen the motion or some of the other stuff we saw in the first few games. We are back to here we are, here's what we're doing, you have to stop us. And even the Jets are. Garrett has to go.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Not really, all the talk before the season was that it would be a collaborative effort. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett let Moore have free reign against the bad teams and took it back more as we approached better opponents.
Jets?

GShock

DCC 4Life
70% of first down plays were runs.

80% of red zone snaps were runs.

Deliberately running into fronts where there are more defenders than blockers.

Just insanity.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Not really, all the talk before the season was that it would be a collaborative effort. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett let Moore have free reign against the bad teams and took it back more as we approached better opponents.
That's either the most intentionally tongue-in-cheek hilarious thing if ever read, or the most unintentionally moronic thing I've ever read. I can't decide which.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
70% of first down plays were runs.

80% of red zone snaps were runs.

Deliberately running into fronts where there are more defenders than blockers.

Just insanity.
The thing is, even Jerry and his Idiot Son aren't so in-bred mentally deficient that they can't see that differences in the offense between the first three games and the Jets games. And even they aren't so in-bred mentally deficient that they can't see Garrett getting out-schemed by Payton, LaFleur and Gase. Those three guys might have as well been sitting in on Garrett's meetings.

Top Bottom