Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 6 | Cowboys at Jets | 10/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What if Patricia is the one Belichick assistant who's actually not a flop?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions get good. They've been doormats forever, and I kinda like Stafford.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What if Patricia is the one Belichick assistant who's actually not a flop?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions get good. They've been doormats forever, and I kinda like Stafford.
I was really impressed the game I saw of them a couple weeks ago just by how every player on D was trying to punch the ball out

The offense was getting great results and rave reviews in the press. Garrett got pissy when asked about it. This was after game 3.

The offense has looked like it has in the past under Garrett and Linehan since then, and we haven't won since. Not that hard to figure out why. I have no doubt that Garrett has his fingers back in the pie, and it looks like the players are not happy about it. I honestly hope we don't win another game until that cocksucker is gone.
Do you have the video of that presser? I can’t find it anywhere and I’m trying to show my son.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Do you have the video of that presser? I can’t find it anywhere and I’m trying to show my son.
Not sure if there was video, I heard it on the radio in his call in segment on 105.3. If it's anywhere I guess it might be on dallascowboys.com under media

Say we finish 7-9, miss the playoffs and look hapless throughout the rest of 2019. Garrett can't get a mulligan for one inexplicable-WTF-happened season?

Hell, Sean Payton missed the playoffs three consecutive years going 7-9.
He’s had enough of those already. Payton didn’t coach the Saints for 10 years before he won a championship either. He did it in his 4th year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
this thread is jacked up on the CS main page.
This whole board is jacked up. Posts not showing up in any threads unless you click on the thread itself.

The DCC is the Jason Garrett of message boards. Talks a big game, but just isn't delivering.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Say we finish 7-9, miss the playoffs and look hapless throughout the rest of 2019. Garrett can't get a mulligan for one inexplicable-WTF-happened season?

So this is what a passrush looks like. Man I wish we could go back to last year when D Law hadn’t got paid yet.

data

Forbes #1
Jenny McCarthy and Melissa McCarthy are cousins. Mindblower.

data

Forbes #1
Best to just ignore. He's been in Garrett-troll mode thinking he's funny for a couple weeks now.
Nothing to play with around here once you popped our green balloon. Get it back.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
This whole board is jacked up. Posts not showing up in any threads unless you click on the thread itself.

The DCC is the Jason Garrett of message boards. Talks a big game, but just isn't delivering.
:lol

2233boys

Not So New Member
It would help if the OL could get some continuity. Prescott was under duress the entire game. It all starts and ends there as the offense goes so if the OL doesn’t give the driver any room to operate nothing is going to happen on the positive side.
It would help if they didn't continually go away from the run. We are still pass happy.

Coordinator changes, offense stays the same. Both tackles being hurt didn't help, but run the damn ball more, then Dak isn't getting hit every other play.

Garrett going for out on 4th down when the score was 7-3 was stupid. Tony said exactly what they were going to do and the Jets were ready for it. 92 yrd bomb to be down 14-3 on the next play. It's pathetic. The bagged Cowboys fans will stay until Garrett is fired.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

You're probably baiting me, but yeah, finishing out of the playoffs would be a very bad indicator for Garrett and would be a sign that he no longer has the team moving in the right direction in a year when everything was set up for him to excel, but he couldn't do it. I have never gone stumping for Garrett as a superior Xs and Os tactician, but rather a guy who is a good leader and who gets the team to buy in and work hard and play the games hard given their talent level. And in the past half decade, that coaching performance has resulted in two division titles and three trips to the divisional round of the playoffs. The other two years, they were short a competent starting QB which is essentially a mulligan and then had another "mulligan" year when they sustained injuries to Tyron Smith long term and missed Elliott for 6 games, yet missed the playoffs by just one game.

This year those excuses don't really exist (so far). They have a healthy QB that they chose. Elliott is here. Even though the OL is banged up, there's enough depth that they shouldn't be falling apart (with Cam Fleming). Even if the offense is struggling, the defense is highly talented enough to the point where it should be able to carry the team a little (but it's not, it's underachieving).

Right now there is underachieving everywhere and it's without excuse. It's kinda like where last year was headed, which would have resulted in Garrett being fired, had they not turned it around and gone 7-1 down the stretch. He's gonna need to do it again if he wants to save his job.

But yeah, so if he finishes 7-9, he's probably gone. I will again maintain that you need to be aggressive and assertive in finding an upgrade. You can't simply waltz into the offseason coaching carousel and take whatever coordinator throws his hat into the ring and is willing to sign on the dotted line. You've gotta reach out to Lincoln Riley, you've gotta get creative.

To address the point you made, though, yeah, I don't think everyone should just assume that the next coach is gonna be a panacea for everything that's wrong here, even if it WAS someone like Sean Payton (which it won't be). Yeah, Payton went 7-9 three years in a row. And he had Drew Brees.

Payton is an upgrade over Garrett but the talent has to play on Sundays. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Payton was to come here and not really do any better at the end of the day (ie, no Super Bowl wins or appearances and an equal/lesser record of playoff appearances).

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep. Roster wise the Cowboys are probably more talented compared to Detroit except at QB. IMO the Packers are not that good on defense. Unless they are playing the Cowboys.
The Packers are quite good on defense this year.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The Packers are quite good on defense this year.
They haven't been vs the run (except for our games and week one vs the awful Bears offense with a pass happy idiot HC) and they were awful vs Philly, and for a lot of the game vs Detroit they weren't very good.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Payton is an upgrade over Garrett but the talent has to play on Sundays. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Payton was to come here and not really do any better at the end of the day (ie, no Super Bowl wins or appearances and an equal/lesser record of playoff appearances).
Red Turd shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sean Payton. If Payton came here the results would be dramatically different, trying to argue otherwise is just retarded.

You say "talent has to play on Sundays", talent has to be COACHED to have success, and that's why we fail every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom