Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 6 | Cowboys at Jets | 10/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
<buzz buzz>
Danger. Assistant coach receiving more credit.
<buzz buzz>
Reset plays to factory defaults
<Set plays = 0>
<Factory Default Setting Restored>
<execute>
<buzz buzz>
<losses = 3 +>0>
<buzz buzz>
<execute excuses>
”It’s hard to win in this league. We’ll watch the tape and get better. These guys practice hard. They play hard. We’ll focus on execution and get better.”
<buzz buzz>

Fire Garrett

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That moment when you realize that bullshit pass interference pick play cost us 4 points, and we lost by 2.

:Imdone

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
So ever since Garrett got visibly mad about Moore getting credit for the changed offense the offense has reverted back to the Garrett offense....hmmm there's a connection here I'm sure :art
Kinda looking that way.

What happened to Jones' comments about Kellen Moore coming to him if "anyone else interfered" with what he was trying to do. Seems pretty obvious at this point that this is 100% happening. Then you have Tony Romo in the booth saying most of the offense looks a lot like the 2007-2009 system and obviously he would know. Hell I don't know shit about offensive systems but even I could see some of those plays yesterday did look exactly like Garrett OC stuff from way back.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
lol, told ya dbair
Yep, you were right. And then there's these gems from Jones postgame comments:

"But the big thing I want to say is it's not just him. This is across the board. That had a lot of input out there tonight to get in that spot."
Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas last week, Jones dispelled the possibility of Garrett getting fired in-season after some oddsmakers made him the second favorite head coach to be fired, behind Atlanta's Dan Quinn.

"Don't bet any money [on] that happening," Jones said. "You'll lose it."

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The offense was getting great results and rave reviews in the press. Garrett got pissy when asked about it. This was after game 3.

The offense has looked like it has in the past under Garrett and Linehan since then, and we haven't won since. Not that hard to figure out why. I have no doubt that Garrett has his fingers back in the pie, and it looks like the players are not happy about it. I honestly hope we don't win another game until that cocksucker is gone.
Damn, I agree 100% with a NoDak post. Mark this day down.

For only the 2nd time in my life now I want us to lose games and the only time before where I really HOPED for a loss was the season finale in 1988, and then it was only because we HAD to lose (along with Green Bay winning) to get the #1 overall pick and draft Aikman.

Unfortunately I am now in that boat again. I don't want this team to ever win another game under Garrett and the uglier the losses the better. I hope we lose 55-0 Sunday night. This team has 0.0000% chance of ever winning anything with this clown as the HC and we've wasted a decade+ with this clod.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

"But the big thing I want to say is it's not just him. This is across the board. That had a lot of input out there tonight to get in that spot."
Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas last week, Jones dispelled the possibility of Garrett getting fired in-season after some oddsmakers made him the second favorite head coach to be fired, behind Atlanta's Dan Quinn.

How about if I bet I’ll root for these miserable fucks to lose their remaining games and pray the cameras pan up to see your face in each of them. I swear I don’t think I’ve ever disliked someone as much as I dislike Jones.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Dallas Sucks, Garrett needs to go, and Moore is garbage. Time to clean house.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel:towel:towel:towel:towel:towel:towel

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry is holding strong, though.

Bye week after the Eagles so will be interesting after we lose next week. If it doesnt happen then I dont see it happening until after the season.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

its hopeless with that jackass of a "gm"

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry is holding strong, though.

Bye week after the Eagles so will be interesting after we lose next week. If it doesnt happen then I dont see it happening until after the season.
I just think it is fantastic the he has lost this team. Especially after he stabbed Wade in the back to get the team to turn on him. The irony is rich.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, this is where you lost me. The best way to start healing, is to cut out the infection ASAP.

Shitcan that useless bastard, promote ANYBODY to get through the season. Then, go out and hire either somebody respected with some skins on the wall, or a new guy from the college ranks. Then GTFO of the way, and let them hire their own staff.

If for some reason, the new guy wants to retain any of the coaches, fine. But let it be HIS decision to do so. None of this forcing coaches on a new HC because you (Jerry) think you might have found the next young offensive genius.
Yeah, but you know how it's gonna work.

Kris Richard will get promoted and then "get a chance" to earn the job.

I would just want a straight housecleaning, and I think that's less likely with an in-season promotion.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm no longer surprised when I see nuggets like this. Garrett has the market cornered when it comes to embarrassing Cowboys related benchmarks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also no matter what Jerry says, I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't make a head coaching move if this team doesn't make the playoffs. So he can say all he wants how he's not thinking about a change -- that's GM speak for the media so as not to give them ammunition or fan the flames.

But there's a reason Garrett doesn't have an extension. This was a "no excuses" year frankly there aren't any right now. Tyron being out isn't an excuse against the 0-4 Jets. Neither is being noncompetitive at home against the Packers.

I've been adamant that Garrett has built this team up from an undertalented 8-8 machine into a team that competed for division championship regularly, and that is true. But this year with this team, failing to make the playoffs (and win a round or rounds) would require a series of meltdowns which we are currently witnessing that would cast a lot of doubt on the direction he's taking them. Selling yourself as a coach who can keep your team a Division Winner when things go right, health wise, is one thing, even if you have a ceiling, but when things go more or less right and you miss the playoffs, that undercuts your resume. This team should have been offensive-stagnation proof to an extent with this defense, but Lawrence, Smith, Jones and Awuzie, and others that we were counting on to lead the defense are busting.

Conversely, the team should have been defensive-slippage proof with the offense - it should have been able to run OR pass or both effectively and take pressure off the D in any number of ways. Right now it's doing neither.

It seems like a directionless ship right now and that's bad.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom