Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 6 | Cowboys at Jets | 10/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How the hell did the Panthers not recover that?

Oh, they did on the following play. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Winston is such a fucking retard :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Gerald McCoy playing well. Cowboys were stupid to not go get him.
They are fine with the personnel they have. If you were a true fan, you would be, too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They are fine with the personnel they have. If you were a true fan, you would be, too.
McCoy isn't twitchy enough

Cotton

Staff member
Red beans, cornbread and fried potatoes for lunch today. I remember when we first got married, we were broke as shit, and ate beans all the damn time because that was all we could afford. You would think I wouldn't want them anymore now, but I still love the shit out of them.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Gerald McCoy playing well. Cowboys were stupid to not go get him.
I read somewhere that one of the first calls his agent made was to Dallas, and we said no thanks.

We had Woods, Crawford and Hill after all. We good.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not sure that ball touched the ground before the Panthers DB corralled it.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
So today we are almost assuredly without Collins and Tyron at T, and now LVE has been diagnosed with Vertigo. Also looks like Randall Cobb might be out.

DUMPSTER FIRE SEASON.

Cotton

Staff member
3 false starts in a row on a punt attempt by the Bucs. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
So, what are the parameters that allow for a free kick?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So, what are the parameters that allow for a free kick?
IIRC, the Cowboys were involved in one of these during the Parcells' era. That was the first time I'd heard of the rule.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I saw a PFT story that said Tyron Smith will likely miss today's game as well.

I know his ankle was rolled up on so technically it wasn't his fault but I'd be real tempted to start searching for his replacement next year especially if we're on the clock and a LT is the BPA.

Seems like every year we're having to navigate and manage myriad of Smith injuries.

Cotton

Staff member
IIRC, the Cowboys were involved in one of these during the Parcells' era. That was the first time I'd heard of the rule.
It's something about a fair catch. I didn't catch all of what the announcers said.

Cotton

Staff member
I saw a PFT story that said Tyron Smith will likely miss today's game as well.

I know his ankle was rolled up on so technically it wasn't his fault but I'd be real tempted to start searching for his replacement next year especially if we're on the clock and a LT is the BPA.

Seems like every year we're having to navigate and manage myriad of Smith injuries.
No doubt I start looking for his replacement. His back issues alone are enough to make me start looking.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's something about a fair catch. I didn't catch all of what the announcers said.
The fair catch kick is a rule at the professional and high school levels of American football that allows a team that has just made a fair catch to attempt a free kick[SUP][A][/SUP] from the spot of the catch. The kick must be either a place kick or a drop kick, and if it passes over the crossbar and between the goalposts of the opposing team's goal, a field goal, worth three points, is awarded to the kicking team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick

data

Forbes #1
Red beans, cornbread and fried potatoes for lunch today. I remember when we first got married, we were broke as shit, and ate beans all the damn time because that was all we could afford. You would think I wouldn't want them anymore now, but I still love the shit out of them.
I’m the same way with camel hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom