Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 5 | Packers at Cowboys | 10/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right. The ownership problem is a like a chronic, incurable disease. The organization is the patient, and the patient has been suffering the ill-effects of the disease, the symptoms, for over 20 years. Doctors have tried everything. Nothing works.

A crappy kicker is just one of many symptoms of the disease, the same kinds of symptoms that have shown up every year for 23 years. A new kicker may win a game or two here and there, but pretending that the new kicker will have any effect on the underlying disease is pointless -- and stupid.
I'd hate to be your cancer patient. Oh you have severe pain to go with your illness, no reason to treat the symptom you're going to die anyway. If we can't cure the cancer I don't care how long you live or how painful those years are.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

deadrise

DCC 4Life
You do know that there isn't anything we can do about the owner, right?

The only thing is we can discuss the issues with the team. I will let you in on a little secret, though. You arent saying anything that hasnt been said here before. We all know Jerry is the problem but what are you going to do? He isnt going anywhere so you can either live in a pit of hate or try to make the best of what you do have. Here at the DCC we have moved on to accepting that Jerry isn't going anywhere. Neither is his son. Garrett will move up into the front office as well. Its just what we have.
Is that a little bit like an abusive family? Dad keeps beating mom but we kids pretend we don't see it. Just try to make the best of it. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But the effect is the same. We know Jerry will never produce a winning organization, but we can fantasize and pretend, or ignore reality, and engage in our own group therapy sessions.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I'd hate to be your cancer patient. Oh you have severe pain to go with your illness, no reason to treat the symptom you're going to die anyway. If we can't cure the cancer I don't care how long you live or how painful those years are.
The analogy is misplaced. I purposely did not use cancer as part of the metaphor -- from very painful personal experience. I referenced a chronic, incurable disease. I never said 'terminal.' With Jerry, it's not terminal. No end point. Just prolonged suffering.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is that a little bit like an abusive family? Dad keeps beating mom but we kids pretend we don't see it. Just try to make the best of it. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But the effect is the same. We know Jerry will never produce a winning organization, but we can fantasize and pretend, or ignore reality, and engage in our own group therapy sessions.
This is a message board is it not?

Again. You arent telling us anything that we dont already know. We just choose not wallow in misery.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is a message board is it not?

Again. You arent telling us anything that we dont already know. We just choose not wallow in misery.

i hear you. It so pointless to come around every whip stitch and lament about Jones and all the woes he brings to the Cowboys table. It is his team and he has been stuck in low gear for about 18 to 20 years but it doesn’t change anything to call him names and repeat the same hate Jerry dialogue. But as was stated it is a message board and no doubt the beat will go on.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Skip Bayless explains why Cowboys coach Jason Garrett should be fired[/h]

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry does suck, no doubt about it. But they have, by skill or dumb luck, assembled a very talented team. And a good coach would get much better results out of them. Jerry isn't the one repeatedly botching clock management, settling for 52 yard windy field goals at the end of games, freezing his own kicker, or otherwise misusing the talent we do have on game days.

That's why I'm not on the "Nothing matters as long as Jerry is the owner" wagon.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Soft Cowboys a reflection of their lame-duck head coach Jason Garrett | NFL | SPEAK FOR YOURSELF[/h]

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
You do know that there isn't anything we can do about the owner, right?

The only thing is we can discuss the issues with the team. I will let you in on a little secret, though. You arent saying anything that hasnt been said here before. We all know Jerry is the problem but what are you going to do? He isnt going anywhere so you can either live in a pit of hate or try to make the best of what you do have. Here at the DCC we have moved on to accepting that Jerry isn't going anywhere. Neither is his son. Garrett will move up into the front office as well. Its just what we have.
I'm stuck in a pit of hate

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Crawl out. It's not a fun place to be.
impossible as it relates to the Cowboys, jones and spawn have ruined the only team I ever cared about.

At this point I'm like an addict that just cant seem to walk away even though I know deep down they're dead and gone. Save the why do you watch speech, I barely do these days and thats dwindling more and more. I mainly limit my involvement as a fan to being the cheery presence you get to experience from my participation on Cowboy forums

I'm happy as a clam in the rest of my life

Rev

Staff member
impossible as it relates to the Cowboys, jones and spawn have ruined the only team I ever cared about.

At this point I'm like an addict that just cant seem to walk away even though I know deep down they're dead and gone. Save the why do you watch speech, I barely do these days and thats dwindling more and more. I mainly limit my involvement as a fan to being the cheery presence you get to experience from my participation on Cowboy forums

I'm happy as a clam in the rest of my life
You have crawled out and didn't know it. Congratulations!

data

Forbes #1
But here's the problem: You can't fix anything.
You can start a boycott of all Cowboys merchandise, evangelize it to others and hit Jerruh in the pocketbooks until he changes.

Burn any and all Cowboys stuff you now own and post it on YouTube.

When we started the rebellion, the Cowboys were #1 most valuable franchise. They still are, but the gap has closed with #2. Its working.

It has to start somewhere.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We just choose not wallow in misery.

Uhh... Have you ever read the game thread? Every week, that thing is the definition of wallowing in misery. Win or lose.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jerry does suck, no doubt about it. But they have, by skill or dumb luck, assembled a very talented team. And a good coach would get much better results out of them. Jerry isn't the one repeatedly botching clock management, settling for 52 yard windy field goals at the end of games, freezing his own kicker, or otherwise misusing the talent we do have on game days.

That's why I'm not on the "Nothing matters as long as Jerry is the owner" wagon.
Correct.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The analogy is misplaced. I purposely did not use cancer as part of the metaphor -- from very painful personal experience. I referenced a chronic, incurable disease. I never said 'terminal.' With Jerry, it's not terminal. No end point. Just prolonged suffering.
Your analogy is on point though. It just leads to the conclusion that you don't like. Which is that you always fix what you can even if you're stuck with the biggest issue.

Rev

Staff member

Uhh... Have you ever read the game thread? Every week, that thing is the definition of wallowing in misery. Win or lose.
Well I was talking about Jerry hate specifically. It has seemed to have called down compared to what it was.

game day chatter is a different monster on its own. It's usually fueled by alcohol and then Smitty walks in with a Garrett is King post. Downhill from there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well I was talking about Jerry hate specifically. It has seemed to have called down compared to what it was.
I think we are all just numb to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom