First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip Bayless explains why Cowboys coach Jason Garrett should be fired

defense wins championships

Comment

• Jerry does suck, no doubt about it. But they have, by skill or dumb luck, assembled a very talented team. And a good coach would get much better results out of them. Jerry isn't the one repeatedly botching clock management, settling for 52 yard windy field goals at the end of games, freezing his own kicker, or otherwise misusing the talent we do have on game days.

That's why I'm not on the "Nothing matters as long as Jerry is the owner" wagon.
      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post

That's why I'm not on the "Nothing matters as long as Jerry is the owner" wagon.
          Once you've reached that point why even watch?
          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Soft Cowboys a reflection of their lame-duck head coach Jason Garrett | NFL | SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev View Post

You do know that there isn't anything we can do about the owner, right?

The only thing is we can discuss the issues with the team. I will let you in on a little secret, though. You arent saying anything that hasnt been said here before. We all know Jerry is the problem but what are you going to do? He isnt going anywhere so you can either live in a pit of hate or try to make the best of what you do have. Here at the DCC we have moved on to accepting that Jerry isn't going anywhere. Neither is his son. Garrett will move up into the front office as well. Its just what we have.
              I'm stuck in a pit of hate

Comment

• Originally posted by yimyammer View Post

I'm stuck in a pit of hate
                Crawl out. It's not a fun place to be.
                #Fire Garrett

Comment

Crawl out. It's not a fun place to be.
                  impossible as it relates to the Cowboys, jones and spawn have ruined the only team I ever cared about.

At this point I'm like an addict that just cant seem to walk away even though I know deep down they're dead and gone. Save the why do you watch speech, I barely do these days and thats dwindling more and more. I mainly limit my involvement as a fan to being the cheery presence you get to experience from my participation on Cowboy forums

I'm happy as a clam in the rest of my life

Comment

• Originally posted by yimyammer View Post

impossible as it relates to the Cowboys, jones and spawn have ruined the only team I ever cared about.

At this point I'm like an addict that just cant seem to walk away even though I know deep down they're dead and gone. Save the why do you watch speech, I barely do these days and thats dwindling more and more. I mainly limit my involvement as a fan to being the cheery presence you get to experience from my participation on Cowboy forums

I'm happy as a clam in the rest of my life
                    You have crawled out and didn't know it. Congratulations!
                    #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post

But here's the problem: You can't fix anything.
                      You can start a boycott of all Cowboys merchandise, evangelize it to others and hit Jerruh in the pocketbooks until he changes.

Burn any and all Cowboys stuff you now own and post it on YouTube.

When we started the rebellion, the Cowboys were #1 most valuable franchise. They still are, but the gap has closed with #2. Its working.

It has to start somewhere.
                      Last edited by pdom; 10-09-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

We just choose not wallow in misery.

Uhh... Have you ever read the game thread? Every week, that thing is the definition of wallowing in misery. Win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
                          Jerry does suck, no doubt about it. But they have, by skill or dumb luck, assembled a very talented team. And a good coach would get much better results out of them. Jerry isn't the one repeatedly botching clock management, settling for 52 yard windy field goals at the end of games, freezing his own kicker, or otherwise misusing the talent we do have on game days.

Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post

The analogy is misplaced. I purposely did not use cancer as part of the metaphor -- from very painful personal experience. I referenced a chronic, incurable disease. I never said 'terminal.' With Jerry, it's not terminal. No end point. Just prolonged suffering.
                            Your analogy is on point though. It just leads to the conclusion that you don't like. Which is that you always fix what you can even if you're stuck with the biggest issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Uhh... Have you ever read the game thread? Every week, that thing is the definition of wallowing in misery. Win or lose.
                              Well I was talking about Jerry hate specifically. It has seemed to have called down compared to what it was.

game day chatter is a different monster on its own. It's usually fueled by alcohol and then Smitty walks in with a Garrett is King post. Downhill from there.

#Fire Garrett

Comment

Well I was talking about Jerry hate specifically. It has seemed to have called down compared to what it was.
                                I think we are all just numb to it now.
                                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X