• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post

but you will never fix the ownership problem either. coaching might be a different story, lots of folks might just get their wish if these performances continue
        Right. The ownership problem is a like a chronic, incurable disease. The organization is the patient, and the patient has been suffering the ill-effects of the disease, the symptoms, for over 20 years. Doctors have tried everything. Nothing works.

A crappy kicker is just one of many symptoms of the disease, the same kinds of symptoms that have shown up every year for 23 years. A new kicker may win a game or two here and there, but pretending that the new kicker will have any effect on the underlying disease is pointless -- and stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

You fix what you can and live with what you can't change. You can't fix Jerry but you sure as shit can fix the kicker problem. I guess some would rather just give up and bury their head in the sand until Jerry dies. Can't blame them but I'd rather try to fix the problems that are fixable.
          But here's the problem: You can't fix anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post

Right. The ownership problem is a like a chronic, incurable disease. The organization is the patient, and the patient has been suffering the ill-effects of the disease, the symptoms, for over 20 years. Doctors have tried everything. Nothing works.

A crappy kicker is just one of many symptoms of the disease, the same kinds of symptoms that have shown up every year for 23 years. A new kicker may win a game or two here and there, but pretending that the new kicker will have any effect on the underlying disease is pointless -- and stupid.
            Have you been to Cowboys Fan Rebellion...there's a movement in progress to put a billboard by Texas Stadium to "Fire GM Jerry Jones". Might even be a podcast.

Iamtdg What's the latest?

Comment

• Originally posted by pdom View Post

Have you been to Cowboys Fan Rebellion...there's a movement in progress to put a billboard by Texas Stadium to "Fire GM Jerry Jones". Might even be a podcast.

Iamtdg What's the latest?
              I forgot to pay the hosting for that site and it went down. RIP
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• I'm sorry, I just see people picking at the margins, around the edges. "We need a new kicker, a 'stud' DT, a different DC, a new coach, an edge rusher" and on and on.

You can't be loaded at every position, and reportedly this team was pretty stacked going in. How many more "studs" do you need at how many more positions before someone realizes that's not the problem?

Coaches? Okay. But there's always a messiah HC out there who will come in and somehow carry the team to the promised land. Hasn't happened for the past quarter-century.

Garrett is a toad and a loser, and Marinelli should be riding on a golf cart in a retirement village somewhere. But they're just temporary symptoms of a chronic disease. The disease is the owner who keeps those coaches there, and will hire the next symptoms -- if it ever comes to that.

If the patient is suffering from chronic internal bleeding, the answer isn't a band aid.

Comment

I'm sorry, I just see people picking at the margins, around the edges. "We need a new kicker, a 'stud' DT, a different DC, a new coach, an edge rusher" and on and on.

You can't be loaded at every position, and reportedly this team was pretty stacked going in. How many more "studs" do you need at how many more positions before someone realizes that's not the problem?

Coaches? Okay. But there's always a messiah HC out there who will come in and somehow carry the team to the promised land. Hasn't happened for the past quarter-century.

Garrett is a toad and a loser, and Marinelli should be riding on a golf cart in a retirement village somewhere. But they're just temporary symptoms of a chronic disease. The disease is the owner who keeps those coaches there, and will hire the next symptoms -- if it ever comes to that.

If the patient is suffering from chronic internal bleeding, the answer isn't a band aid.
                  You do know that there isn't anything we can do about the owner, right?

The only thing is we can discuss the issues with the team. I will let you in on a little secret, though. You arent saying anything that hasnt been said here before. We all know Jerry is the problem but what are you going to do? He isnt going anywhere so you can either live in a pit of hate or try to make the best of what you do have. Here at the DCC we have moved on to accepting that Jerry isn't going anywhere. Neither is his son. Garrett will move up into the front office as well. Its just what we have.
                  #Fire Garrett

Comment

• we call it....quiet desperation.
                    defense wins championships

Comment

• People on this board have literally been wishing for Jerry Jones to die for almost 20 years.

Comment

I'd hate to be your cancer patient. Oh you have severe pain to go with your illness, no reason to treat the symptom you're going to die anyway. If we can't cure the cancer I don't care how long you live or how painful those years are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev View Post

You do know that there isn't anything we can do about the owner, right?

The only thing is we can discuss the issues with the team. I will let you in on a little secret, though. You arent saying anything that hasnt been said here before. We all know Jerry is the problem but what are you going to do? He isnt going anywhere so you can either live in a pit of hate or try to make the best of what you do have. Here at the DCC we have moved on to accepting that Jerry isn't going anywhere. Neither is his son. Garrett will move up into the front office as well. Its just what we have.
                          Is that a little bit like an abusive family? Dad keeps beating mom but we kids pretend we don't see it. Just try to make the best of it. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But the effect is the same. We know Jerry will never produce a winning organization, but we can fantasize and pretend, or ignore reality, and engage in our own group therapy sessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I'd hate to be your cancer patient. Oh you have severe pain to go with your illness, no reason to treat the symptom you're going to die anyway. If we can't cure the cancer I don't care how long you live or how painful those years are.
                            The analogy is misplaced. I purposely did not use cancer as part of the metaphor -- from very painful personal experience. I referenced a chronic, incurable disease. I never said 'terminal.' With Jerry, it's not terminal. No end point. Just prolonged suffering.

Comment

Is that a little bit like an abusive family? Dad keeps beating mom but we kids pretend we don't see it. Just try to make the best of it. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But the effect is the same. We know Jerry will never produce a winning organization, but we can fantasize and pretend, or ignore reality, and engage in our own group therapy sessions.
                              This is a message board is it not?

Again. You arent telling us anything that we dont already know. We just choose not wallow in misery.
                              #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev View Post

This is a message board is it not?

Again. You arent telling us anything that we dont already know. We just choose not wallow in misery.

i hear you. It so pointless to come around every whip stitch and lament about Jones and all the woes he brings to the Cowboys table. It is his team and he has been stuck in low gear for about 18 to 20 years but it doesn’t change anything to call him names and repeat the same hate Jerry dialogue. But as was stated it is a message board and no doubt the beat will go on.

Since Day One

Comment

Working...
                                X