Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 4 | Cowboys @ Saints | 09/29/19

lostxn

DCC 4Life
There’s no perspective here.

Lose a game and the lynch mob comes out with empty and factless platitudes about vague criticisms that cannot he substantiated and even contradict each other. Blame everyone’s least favorite pariah.
I tend to agree. I give Payton credit for being better than our coaches but really our lines let us down. Our guards and DTs got whipped.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We were gaining 2 yards on runs that usually give us 5. It was hard to sustain drives that way. Then we were -1 on turnovers (technically 2 but I don't really count the Dak hail mary pick). We just got our ass kicked at the LOS.
We ran playaction multiple times and Prescott has to check down or throw it away. The OL mostly sprung leaks.

Thats not to say there is no coaching criticism to be laid here, but people like booze, jsmith, and dbair have failed to articulate any salient points besides empty bitching.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Apparently you just don't know what you are looking at.
I know right, how dare I notice we didn't take a single fucking shot downfield to back off the d

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I tend to agree. I give Payton credit for being better than our coaches but really our lines let us down. Our guards and DTs got whipped.
A completely reasonable and non alcoholic stupor induced reaction.

Unlike some posters on here.

shane

DCC 4Life
Obviously we were fucked by the refs but the play calling on offense was pathetic. Defense was fine and I think there is reason for major optimism there with how Quinn looks. But comparing the play calling between Payton and Garrett/Moore was mind boggling. Bridgewater can't throw 20 yards up the field and they were moving the ball much better than us all day. And we have comparable weapons, but nothing was done. No screens, no roll outs, no draws, one dimentional empty backfield sets that didn't keep the defense honest, the audible bullshit at the line with Dak that accomplished nothing, and so on.

Watching Garrett on the sidelines clueless not saying a word looking like an asswipe is hard to watch too. Would be surprised if we beat the Packers next week.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know right, how dare I notice we didn't take a single fucking shot downfield to back off the d
Or run a screen, or run with Dak. The game plan on offense was shit. Not sure whose fault it was but it was terrible.

we knew the Saints would run their ultra conservative burn the clock offense with Bridgewater and we played into their hands.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Or run a screen, or run with Dak. The game plan on offense was shit. Not sure whose fault it was but it was terrible.
Yep, and the excuses for it are fucking bullshit

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Look, just because the first guy to titty-fuck you was a ginger is no reason to lie for garrett
Wow, you’re so cool. And funny too.

Tell me some more about what downfield routes we ran when they were offscreen and you 100% were not able to see them but somehow feel like you can make up ridiculous claims and pass them off on everyone? Because that was such a good time when you did that.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This analysis is pretty simplistic. Kamara was running for 4.1 ypc and Zeke was running for 2. That's not coaching. They ran successfully when we knew they were running. We couldn't run even when it was 50/50. Honestly I'm pretty stunned by how bad our OL was tonight. If you can't get up for the Saints, wtf...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I imagine that we’d all be screaming bloody murder that we only managed 12 points. The Saints didn’t do anything impressive at all on offense, other than smartly manage the game within what they could do. It managed twelve fucking points, big fucking deal.

The way bigger issue was our offense. And despite claims to know what routes we called, we don’t know that. There were issues, but to my mind, we didn’t help out our OL enough with shorter stuff, actually, like screens, and QB draws.

But some geniuses in here have already deduced the problem was not enough downfield passes on a night when our OL got its ass kicked.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And I agree a hidden horrendously bad game management decision was going for it on that fourth down when Elliott fumbled. That gave them three free points and possibly the win.

Top Bottom