Dak Appreciation Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While tackling Dak by the legs which was a penalty earlier in the game.
Yeah they hit him in the head on the final play too. That shit is so inconsistently called. But they always seem to get us for it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At one point Jerry publicly said the Cowboys don’t need that strong a pass blocking OL because Romo was so elusive.

How fucked up is that?
We drafted Smith, Frederick and Martin while he was our starter. Jerry is just a sunshine pumper.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Frederick
And Jerry overruled Garrett to get Frederick because of his promise to Romo when he signed his extension that he would upgrade the OL

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Jerry overruled Garrett to get Frederick because of his promise to Romo when he signed his extension that he would upgrade the OL
Jerry will tell yoi RBs aren't important one day and then sign a guy to a record contract the next. He is full of shit 100% of the time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm happy Dak is looking great so far but I think he should've held off on the appreciation thread until Dak shows he can continue this great play against a couple of quality opponents.

The only thing the Cowboys have done so far is bullied the hell out of three wheelchair-bound malnourished asthmatic kids.
As stated earlier, let's pump the brakes on crowning Dak and Kellen Moore for that matter.

Both have looked shaky as hell in their only two real tests of this young season.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
As stated earlier, let's pump the brakes on crowning Dak and Kellen Moore for that matter.

Both have looked shaky as hell in their only two real tests of this young season.
Dak got a bit screwed on 2 of the picks today. One was clearly not his fault, the Amari drop, and another should have been a penalty. You take those away and it's a 2 TD, 1 pick, 64% completion, ~500 yard effort. Dak is not the issue.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Really? Dak wasn't good today at all. All QBs have INTs on their ledger that were somebody else's fault.

To me Dak is what he's always been. He's about a 10-12 QB. Good enough to win with enough talent around him but not good enough to truly carry a team.

data

Forbes #1
Dak got a bit screwed on 2 of the picks today. One was clearly not his fault, the Amari drop, and another should have been a penalty. You take those away and it's a 2 TD, 1 pick, 64% completion, ~500 yard effort. Dak is not the issue.
Dak's second half numbers, down 17-0, were 19/31 for 220 yards, 2TD and 1INT for 90.8 QB rating and 7.1 YPA.

Down 17-0, these statistics aren't one-man Captain Comeback, but reasonably winnable if the defense is able to step up.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Really? Dak wasn't good today at all. All QBs have INTs on their ledger that were somebody else's fault.

To me Dak is what he's always been. He's about a 10-12 QB. Good enough to win with enough talent around him but not good enough to truly carry a team.
He's tier 2. You can win a SB with those QBs but you have to surround them with talent. Shit look at Brady, that team is loaded, especially defensively. KC is loaded, GB had tons of talent, NO has tons of talent. I've never seen any QB take a 1-15 team and win the SB with them. Aikman sure as shit didn't. He had the best OL in football, the best defense, a top 2-3 WR and a top 1-2 RB.

data

Forbes #1
He's tier 2. You can win a SB with those QBs but you have to surround them with talent. Shit look at Brady, that team is loaded, especially defensively. KC is loaded, GB had tons of talent, NO has tons of talent. I've never seen any QB take a 1-15 team and win the SB with them. Aikman sure as shit didn't. He had the best OL in football, the best defense, a top 2-3 WR and a top 1-2 RB.
With Tier 2 QBs in the Super Bowl, a strong defense has been the consistent quality. We're built the other way around.

Payroll is on the offensive side, but these past two weeks we haven't been putting up 30+ points...and we about to plunk more down for Amari and Dak.

Top Bottom