Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 3 | Dolphins @ Cowboys | 09/22/19

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This Cowboy team isn’t doing shit if they make the playoffs with that pathetic pass rush. I think someone in Cowboy land better start pressing the panic button.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
There's a thread at DCU dedicated to horrendous Garrett accomplishments.

I woke up today with one of those bad feelings, like someone (maybe one of their 3 remaining people) having to add to that thread because of what happens today v the lousiest team in football (maybe ever).

I hope we roll them easily but this IS a Jason Garrett coached team.
Yep, nailed it. For one half anyway.

Epitome of a Jason Garrett team today.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This Cowboy team isn’t doing shit if they make the playoffs with that pathetic pass rush. I think someone in Cowboy land better start pressing the panic button.
Dont think there is anything that they can do now. During the offseason they need to reevaluate how they treat the DT position and hopefully Marinelli will be gone. I think Quinn and Lawrence are going to start producing. This was just the first game back for Quinn and have to think Lawrence is starting to get back into game shape.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Dont think there is anything that they can do now. During the offseason they need to reevaluate how they treat the DT position and hopefully Marinelli will be gone. I think Quinn and Lawrence are going to start producing. This was just the first game back for Quinn and have to think Lawrence is starting to get back into game shape.
The way Miami gave up sacks the preceding 2 weeks it shouldn’t have mattered if Quinn or Lawrence were in shape.

I definitely think there’s some issues with this DL and getting to the QB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
it's the fallout from Gregory and Irving dedicating their lives to weed

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The way Miami gave up sacks the preceding 2 weeks it shouldn’t have mattered if Quinn or Lawrence were in shape.

I definitely think there’s some issues with this DL and getting to the QB.
Im not excusing it but things seldom happen the way they always go. They (miami OL) played better in the first half but not in the second half. It will continue to be a problem until they quit with this position flex crap, imo. Get Marinelli out the door and maybe they can change that.

data

Forbes #1
49ers with their third lost fumble in the red zone.

Recovered by TJ Watt.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Did Trysten Hill show anything today? Taco seemed fairly anonymous other than the random
sack

data

Forbes #1
Bucs miss a 34-yarder as time expires and lose by 1.

:lol

I guess the Bucs should've run for another 3 yard gain instead of having Winston down the ball on the other hashmark on the prior play.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Got what I expected today. The first half was absolute trash. Second half was better, but this team has major issues on defense, especially once we get to teams with competent offenses and good QB's.

1) Prescott made a couple really poor decisions today, first time this year. Those couple plays aside, he had another solid game.
2) Zeke and Pollard are a helluva 1-2 punch
3) On a team with two assclowns like Garrett and Marinelli, Kris Richard can more than hold his own when it comes to "who's the biggest loser on this staff". He flat out sux people. Its his scheme, he's calling the plays and coverages, he coaches the DB's. He's fucking garbage.
4) Did Prescott give Taco Charlton a charity sack today?
5) Too bad Conner Williams holding call wiped out that beautiful 75 yd TD to Cobb. I was a little more forgiving than most on CW the fist two games, but against the worst team in football he appeared to struggle badly.
6) Arguably the best OL in football got called for 3 holding calls today against an epic bad team. Yet in a year where record amounts of holds are being called, the team with the worst offense and worst OL in football wasn't called for a single holding. Anthony Brown made a dumb play to touch the punter, but no way in hell should that have been "roughing the punter". I also think the Dolphins horrendous secondary got away with a ton of muggings on our receivers.

A ton of shit to clean up in what was an overall lackluster performance. I have zero confidence in this coaching staff to get this team ready for big time games against big time opponents either. Marinelli and Richard might be the worst defensive coaches in the league right now and Garret is the epitome of garbage as a HC. It's too bad, because this team has a Super Bowl caliber offense, but the defense and special teams are lousy.

Top Bottom