Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 3 | Dolphins @ Cowboys | 09/22/19

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really hate noon games. Like, a lot.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
There's a thread at DCU dedicated to horrendous Garrett accomplishments.

I woke up today with one of those bad feelings, like someone (maybe one of their 3 remaining people) having to add to that thread because of what happens today v the lousiest team in football (maybe ever).

I hope we roll them easily but this IS a Jason Garrett coached team.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
There's a thread at DCU dedicated to horrendous Garrett accomplishments.

I woke up today with one of those bad feelings, like someone (maybe one of their 3 remaining people) having to add to that thread because of what happens today v the lousiest team in football (maybe ever).

I hope we roll them easily but this IS a Jason Garrett coached team.
The DCU is still a thing?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Today's menu:
Meatball Submarinos
Fish Tacos
0nion rings spelled with a 0 in honor of Marino's SB rings

Cotton

Staff member
Today's menu:
Meatball Submarinos
Fish Tacos
I was hoping to have some potato soup but the wife didn't start it last night so there is no time to get it done in time. So, looks like it is bacon and eggs for me.

Cotton

Staff member
Today's menu:
Meatball Submarinos
Fish Tacos
And, yes, I saw what you did thar.

data

Forbes #1
Dolphins have lost a combined 102-10 thus far. They’ve since traded away Minkah and are starting a different QB. And we’re home.

I mean, maybe we win single digits. Could we actually lose this thing?

Would this loss, even by one point, automatically be the worst loss in franchise history?

data

Forbes #1
The 1995 loss to the Redskins may be the closest situation where Aikman got blamed for not wanting to beat Norv turner and feigned injury.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The 1995 loss to the Redskins may be the closest situation where Aikman got blamed for not wanting to beat Norv turner.
In 1992 we lost to a bad Rams team at home. We lost to a horrible Falcons team in 1993 but Aikman was out and Emmitt got hurt early the game and didn't return.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The 1995 loss to the Redskins may be the closest situation where Aikman got blamed for not wanting to beat Norv turner.
We actually lost twice to that Redskins team in 1995, but they were nowhere near as bad as this Dolphins team is.

Cotton

Staff member
Would this loss, even by one point, automatically be the worst loss in franchise history?
If not, it would be damn close.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
we lost to a terrible Bills team in 1984. I think they were winless at the time. not to mention the loss to the expansion Texans.
But we weren't a 20+ pt favorite over either of them. We were pretty mediocre in 1984 and the yr we lost Houston we were a bad football team ourselves.

Top Bottom