Is Cooper still our #1 receiver?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
With Gallup's emergence, do we still pay Cooper #1 WR money?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Without Cooper drawing so much attention does Gallup still get the yards he did today?

I do think he should have had more targets today tho

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah this is silly. We need both. Shit I want Cobb around too. Those 3 WRs are a really good threesome. And then throw in a splash of Smith and its a pretty killer WR corp.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Never said to get rid of Coop... just asking how much you pay him with Gallup probably looking for a new deal in 2 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never said to get rid of Coop... just asking how much you pay him with Gallup probably looking for a new deal in 2 years.
I pay Cooper and worry about Gallup in 2022. Gallup looks to me like a really high end number two. Not sure he would be capable of sort of being The Man. Nothing wrong with that by the way. I actually think we could have 2 1000 yard receivers this year. Kind of crazy to think about.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
yeah, Gallup might be hurt. Tap the brakes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Gallup is out, that elevates Cobb, which elevates Smith.

Ah fuck it. We play the Dolphins.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yeah this is silly. We need both. Shit I want Cobb around too. Those 3 WRs are a really good threesome. And then throw in a splash of Smith and its a pretty killer WR corp.
Smith made some really nice plays today. He can get deep, that’s for sure.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
unless they are an absolute headcase like OBJ or AB, you never let go of a legit #1 receiver. Cooper IMO is top 10, and will showcase it this year

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah this sux. Hopefully at worst its something short term because he has been awesome so far. He'd be a huge loss if he's gone long term or worse, for the season.
Luckily I Smith fits that role well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yes, Cooper is still our 1 and we should still pay him as such. His plan of waiting could backfire though since 18/year is probably his ceiling if Dak continues spreading the ball around and Gallup continues to equal or better his production. If Cooper puts up something like 1200/10 this year as opposed to 1400/14 I don't think he can argue for much more than the 18 Hill got, especially if/when the Prescott deal is done and the tag is on the table.

Top Bottom