Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 2 | Cowboys @ Redskins | 09/15/19

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean safety should already be a top priority. Hell it should have been the last few years. But for whatever reason this organization thinks late rounders and undrafted guys are all you need.
It was faith in Woods that kept them from pursuing Earl Thomas and talking themselves out of ANY of the pick of safeties in the best safety crop in years.

That is a simple miscalculation no matter how they try to spin things. You never have enough depth, you can never have enough good players. If you evaluate things pure regardless of who you have and are willing to be honest with yourselves, things like this happen..

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was faith in Woods that kept them from pursuing Earl Thomas and talking themselves out of ANY of the pick of safeties in the best safety crop in years.

That is a simple miscalculation no matter how they try to spin things. You never have enough depth, you can never have enough good players. If you evaluate things pure regardless of who you have and are willing to be honest with yourselves, things like this happen..
This concept that you can't draft a safety because he doesn't fit the role you want specifically is a joke. You start 2 safeties. I don't give a shit who the 2 fit together. Just get the two best guys on the field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chido ain't great either. And X Woods dropped the easiest pick of his career.
He at least looks for the ball, his hands just failed him. I'm ok with that because most of those won't get dropped. But when you're facing the QB in zone and still don't see the ball it's a real problem.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This concept that you can't draft a safety because he doesn't fit the role you want specifically is a joke. You start 2 safeties. I don't give a shit who the 2 fit together. Just get the two best guys on the field.
Even if they stuck to the rigid role concept, Taylor Rapp was there to be the downhill safety.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe it was the year before.
Could be, he had a career best 3 int's in 2017 beating out Anthony Browns 2. Wouldn't exactly say that makes him any good at it though. Of course he isn't good at playing the ball in general.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Could be, he had a career best 3 int's in 2017 beating out Anthony Browns 2. Wouldn't exactly say that makes him any good at it though. Of course he isn't good at playing the ball in general.
I can’t figure out why everyone is so worked up over one player. The allegation is he makes mistakes. Well so he does but that can be said of everyone on the team. Heath is a good athlete even though he makes mistakes. I think I would be safe in saying everyone on the team makes mistakes and I would offer the game thread as evidence from fans on this site pointing out virtually every player at some point who is making a mistake on game day.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can’t figure out why everyone is so worked up over one player. The allegation is he makes mistakes. Well so he does but that can be said of everyone on the team. Heath is a good athlete even though he makes mistakes. I think I would be safe in saying everyone on the team makes mistakes and I would offer the game thread as evidence from fans on this site pointing out virtually every player at some point who is making a mistake on game day.
God forbid we ever talk bad about or criticize a player. I mean, this is a discussion board, after all. Good lord.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how do you judge if a player is really shitty. Your defense literally works for the worst NFL players. Well everyone makes mistake, so oh well. I mean it's a silly argument.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
God forbid we ever talk bad about or criticize a player. I mean, this is a discussion board, after all. Good lord.
He's just still mad that Jarwin is better than Witten

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So how do you judge if a player is really shitty. Your defense literally works for the worst NFL players. Well everyone makes mistake, so oh well. I mean it's a silly argument.
It pretty simple. I like the player and you don’t. I continue to like the player and you continue to not like him. It doesn’t matter if I put up any defense you still won’t like the player and I will still continue to like him. When you are critical I raise a counter argument and so it goes on. As the dawg says when can’t anyone be critical on this board? You can and I can still like the player. Does it upset you that I like him?

data

Forbes #1
He's just still mad that Jarwin is better than Witten
Prescott is tied with others as the single-game greatest QB in NFL history, per QB rating.

Furthermore, only 4 QBs in NFL History (all 100 years) have achieved 158.3 while attempting 30+ passes - Dak Prescott becoming the fourth. Elite.

Top Bottom