Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 2 | Cowboys @ Redskins | 09/15/19

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even if he's out the full 4 instead of just 2-3 we only have: Dolphins (bye), Saints (no Brees), Packers, and Jets (possibly no Darnold). 4-0 is in play while 3-1 is very doable, if not likely, and 2-2 should be the absolute worst case scenario.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I thought Williams had a shit game. Gave up pressure, committed drive killing penalties.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Even if he's out the full 4 instead of just 2-3 we only have: Dolphins (bye), Saints (no Brees), Packers, and Jets (possibly no Darnold). 4-0 is in play while 3-1 is very doable, if not likely, and 2-2 should be the absolute worst case scenario.
Hopefully it's just two. We could beat the Dolphins with our practice squad wide receivers, and hopefully Devin Smith/Tavon Austin can factor in against the Saints.

p1_

DCC 4Life
now is the time to do a scope. plus we have good depth there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hopefully it's just two. We could beat the Dolphins with our practice squad wide receivers, and hopefully Devin Smith/Tavon Austin can factor in against the Saints.
and throw cedric in that mix

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I thought Williams had a shit game. Gave up pressure, committed drive killing penalties.
He struggled early. I noticed it less as the game went on.

Payne gave him fits, but Payne gives a lot of guards fits. Fletcher Cox and Snacks Harrison give (gave?) Martin and Frederick lots of trouble, still to this day a little. Our line struggles with the best of the massive, mauling DTs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He struggled early. I noticed it less as the game went on..
he had one at the start of the 4th quarter on the drive where we had to settle for 3. He was one reason we had to settle.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a good no call. If that was called against the cowboys we would still hear the bitching. It was jist a towel and the ref was there to stop it from escalating.
I don't agree at all. You see players get penalized for much less in terms of taunting. To rip some of the guys equipment off and throw it is not only taunting but can easily cause a delay of game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't agree at all. You see players get penalized for much less in terms of taunting. To rip some of the guys equipment off and throw it is not only taunting but can easily cause a delay of game.
and what if the player had grabbed the ref's flag and thrown it? Automatic ejection most likely.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
It absolutely should have been called.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That is your right but dont let me hear you complain about ticky tack calls. I see you didnt answer my other question. What if Collins had done that to Barkeley last week or such? I hear complaints of refs inserting themselves in the game by calling penalties.

If he would have grabbed his helmet then sure but You see these towels laying on the ground frequently. Calling a penalty would also delay the game.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
What if Collins had done that to Barkeley last week or such?
I would have expected it to be called then, too. And then I would have called Collins a dumbass for doing it.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm guessing P1 was deep in the bottle. Always hope for a loss for your division foes. Otherwise how else is a 4 win team going to win the division? I will let NoDak tell you how.
:lol

AAIIIEEEE!!!

Top Bottom