Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 2 | Cowboys @ Redskins | 09/15/19

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wentz needs to back off on the speed of some of his passes. Some are 10 yard or less bullets. His current receivers don’t have enough game time with him to adjust to the speed. On the other hand, maybe I should encourage him to continue

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
One could easily argue that the Cowboys/Eagles are two of the best 3/4 teams in the NFC, it's very possible that the winner of the division gets a bye while the second place team gets a wild card. Seems like that is something Cowboys fans should care about, but maybe that's just me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm guessing P1 was deep in the bottle. Always hope for a loss for your division foes. Otherwise how else is a 4 win team going to win the division? I will let NoDak tell you how.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Brees out 6 weeks or so.

That's great news because we play them in 2 weeks. That game just shifted dramatically more in our favor.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Also sounds like Jernigan broke his foot and will be out for the year for the Eagles. Between him and Jackson being out for the year that's a huge hit to their DT's.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm still in awe at the dime Dak dropped into Devin Smith's hands. That was one helluva pass.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
One could easily argue that the Cowboys/Eagles are two of the best 3/4 teams in the NFC, it's very possible that the winner of the division gets a bye while the second place team gets a wild card. Seems like that is something Cowboys fans should care about, but maybe that's just me.
They may ultimately be, but right now the Eagles dont look like one of the 3 or 4 best teams in the NFC

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They may ultimately be, but right now the Eagles dont look like one of the 3 or 4 best teams in the NFC
The Rams offense has not looked particularly great to start the year. The Saints are without Brees for 6 weeks. The NFC looks like it may be opening up soon.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The Rams offense has not looked particularly great to start the year. The Saints are without Brees for 6 weeks. The NFC looks like it may be opening up soon.
If only our defense would come around. If we could get them to be just above average we might have something.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If only our defense would come around. If we could get them to be just above average we might have something.
I really figured they'd be an absolute force to open the season, and it would take Dak awhile to get in a groove.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When the Redskins got the ball down 31-14 with like 4 minutes left yesterday they had less than 200 yards of offense. I think the concern surrounding the defense is more due to expectations and the Saints game last year. The defense was generally very good last year but they weren't the 2000 Ravens, and then that Saints game raised everyone's perception of what they are and dominance became the expectation. They haven't been dominant so far but they've generally been decent and I expect them to only improve once Quinn comes back and Lawrence/Crawford continue to round into form.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Re-watching the game and I wanted to ask you guys about this one play. Its the one where Dak took off running for his big gain of 40 yards. So he gets 20 yards into it, and see's Norman to his left, and completely ignores the wide open field to his right. If he had merely turned slightly to his right, he would have scored running away. But no, he focuses on Norman because Gallup somehow missed his block. Did yall see it the same?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Dak knew he probably didn't have the speed to make it to the end zone with DB's chasing him from behind and was more concerned with protecting the ball rather than gaining an extra 5 or so yards.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think Dak knew he probably didn't have the speed to make it to the end zone with DB's chasing him from behind and was more concerned with protecting the ball rather than gaining an extra 5 or so yards.
Guess I thought he's faster than he is.

Top Bottom