Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 2 | Cowboys @ Redskins | 09/15/19

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crawford is definitely better at DT. To start an inferior player at DE in order to "punish" Taco is the height of pettiness.
These two games without Quinn are really the big deal. It would be the perfect time to play Taco. Obviously you can't trust Taco long term but why not get what you can out of him now? Instead they are stubbornly trying to show the other players you can't act like him and play in games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
These two games without Quinn are really the big deal. It would be the perfect time to play Taco. Obviously you can't trust Taco long term but why not get what you can out of him now? Instead they are stubbornly trying to show the other players you can't act like him and play in games.
It may not be about being stubborn or punishing him. Maybe he just sucks. It is a distinct possibility.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It may not be about being stubborn or punishing him. Maybe he just sucks. It is a distinct possibility.
It would be less suspicious if it was anyone but Crawford, who missed all of camp and is kinda playing out of position.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly. I don't think they'd intentionally hurt their chances of winning just to prove some point. I think they see the other guys as just as talented, plus they don't have the turd attitude.

I'm also not too persuaded by preseason games, especially that one against Houston when their entire team seemed to shut down after Miller blew his knee out on the first play of the game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I'm not buying it otherwise he wouldn't be on the roster. He has never been "can't play him" bad.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
These teams and coaching staffs are very familiar with each other so I don't foresee a blow out.

I think the Cowboys win 28-23.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd like to see the Cowboys defense to get off to a fast start. Case Keenum is a very streaky QB in the mold of Ryan Fitzpatrick. You don't want to let him get settled and into a good rhythm early; otherwise he could easily light you up for over 350 yards and 3 TDs.

If they can get into his face and hit him early I that'll be enough to shake his confidence for the rest of the game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
These teams and coaching staffs are very familiar with each other so I don't foresee a blow out.

I think the Cowboys win 28-23.
I will be pretty disappointed if they can't take advantage of a beaten up team. But WOUNDED ANIMAL!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see the Cowboys defense to get off to a fast start. Case Keenum is a very streaky QB in the mold of Ryan Fitzpatrick. You don't want to let him get settled and into a good rhythm early; otherwise he could easily light you up for over 350 yards and 3 TDs.

If they can get into his face and hit him early I that'll be enough to shake his confidence for the rest of the game.
The Redskins line is a hot mess. Just not sure we have anyone who can take advantage of it outside of Lawrence and Collins.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have the Cowboys/redskins game here locally on FOX but I got stuck with Dolphins/Patriots for my early CBS game.

I was hoping for Jacksonville/Texans....which makes a lot more sense since I'm only about 4 hours from Jacksonviile.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Redskins line is a hot mess. Just not sure we have anyone who can take advantage of it outside of Lawrence and Collins.
Don't forget about Hyder. He can get to the QB, as well.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hasselback just pointed out something I noticed as well with the Cowboys play-action plays last week.....O-linemen pulling to add an extra element of run deception on the play.

Again, this is basic stuff that other coaches have been using for years but the Cowboys have finally decided to dip their toes into the modern age of NFL offense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Tedy Bruschi made a great point about Jason Garrett's tendency to get cute and go away from what was working. He must have a lurker account here at DCC.

Everyone except for Jerry Jones knows that dude (Garrett) is fraud who has a habit of outsmarting himself.

Top Bottom