The only way the Cowboys can trade for Dolphins’ Fitzpatrick

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
They were shite for decades until they got Ben. They now lack the ammo to replace him in 2020.
And with Herbert, Tua, and Fromm entering the draft, they’re losing out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
.... and that they could get their next franchise QB in that top 10?
Yeah there are dumb moves and then there are moves that can literally set your franchise back years. This is the type of move that will hurt the Steelers for a long time.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah there are dumb moves and then there are moves that can literally set your franchise back years. This is the type of move that will hurt the Steelers for a long time.
Not That this is the same situation but thats what I thought last year when we traded for Cooper. Its the Steelers so we can just chuckle. Hard to believe that they have that much faith in Rudolph who they took until the end of preseason to determine if it was he or Dobbs that they were going to keep.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They are doing it because they are desperate for secondary help and have been trying for a safety since Polamalu retired. They have tried to pick guys in the premium rounds (Terrell Edmunds, Justin Layne, Cameron Sutton, Artie Burrns, Sean Davis, Senquez Golden) and practically all have been epic busts.

It is a bold move, but perhaps they figure they just can't draft them, so might as well trade for one that has shown he can play.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not That this is the same situation but thats what I thought last year when we traded for Cooper. Its the Steelers so we can just chuckle. Hard to believe that they have that much faith in Rudolph who they took until the end of preseason to determine if it was he or Dobbs that they were going to keep.
Well Dobbs was terrible IMO... Can't believe he even got much of a chance in the pros based on how he looked in college. I doubt Rudolph is their answer either, but I know Dobbs wasn't it.

Anyway, posted in the other thread but I can't believe the Steelers gave up a first. That's maybe a bigger head scratcher than the Texans trade. At least they might be good and have a lower pick. The Steelers are already 0-2 and are going to suck without Ben.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What a ridiculously dumb trade by the Steelers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And at least Cooper was brought in to jump start a sputtering offense (and a healthy Dak’s career). There was a method to the trade that was mostly proven out.

This move in Pittsburgh is nonsensical, like they think Ben has five years left and Fitz is the next Polamalu.

Top Bottom