The only way the Cowboys can trade for Dolphins’ Fitzpatrick

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is a complete waste of time to continue talking about a trade that we clearly lack the guts and especially ammo to pull off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is a complete waste of time to continue talking about a trade that we clearly lack the guts and especially ammo to pull off.
Making a deal for him now is a very awkward situation. The contracts for some of the other Players are definitely in the forefront and dealing with the unscheduled contract with Elliot put that strategy in another planning session. If they have to use up cap space and resources to get Fitzpatrick it will create a bigger problem than Elliot’s demands created and compound the difficulties of getting the current roster needs managed. It can probably be done but who knows at what cost and shuffling.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Making a deal for him now is a very awkward situation. The contracts for some of the other Players are definitely in the forefront and dealing with the unscheduled contract with Elliot put that strategy in another planning session. If the have to use up cap space and resources to get Fitzpatrick it will create a bigger problem than Elliot’s demands created and compound the difficulties of getting the current roster needs managed. It can probably be done but who knows at what cost and shuffling.
They wouldnt be giving up cap space. They would just trade the contract of Taco and Fitzpatrick. Elliot holding out has nothing to do with this. Its not like they sat on their hands while he was holding out.

You can say they arent going to do it but saying that they dont have the ammo is crazy. Of course they have the ammo. You just may not like what they have to give up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Dolphins want picks though. Taco doesn't really fit there rebuild mode. He would need a contract before they are ready to compete.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They wouldnt be giving up cap space. They would just trade the contract of Taco and Fitzpatrick. Elliot holding out has nothing to do with this. Its not like they sat on their hands while he was holding out.

You can say they arent going to do it but saying that they dont have the ammo is crazy. Of course they have the ammo. You just may not like what they have to give up.
Assuming that Miami would agree to a straight swap. And I didn’t say they don’t have the ammo.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Trying to figure out why Flores would even want Taco.

Rev

Staff member
Assuming that Miami would agree to a straight swap. And I didn’t say they don’t have the ammo.
It wouldnt have to be a straight swap and wont be. This deal would not have any negative impact on the cap. In fact they would free up whatever Lewis counts for.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It wouldnt have to be a straight swap and wont be. This deal would not have any negative impact on the cap. In fact they would free up whatever Lewis counts for.
Well a straight swap is what you were promoting not me I indicated it could be some awkward circumstances to get together on a deal.

Rev

Staff member
Well a straight swap is what you were promoting not me I indicated it could be some awkward circumstances to get together on a deal.
No a straight swap is not what the rumor was. Either way you would only be swapping first round contracts. Not a problem with any finances.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trying to figure out why Flores would even want Taco.
Honestly, he does not fit the Patriot model, if that is what he is doing.

I just can't say what is going on down there. Fitzpatrick seems like a foundational player for what they are trying to do long term. But they want to trade him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No a straight swap is not what the rumor was. Either way you would only be swapping first round contracts. Not a problem with any finances.
I am talking about what you said not a rumor. You said just trade contracts. Might want to go back and see who said what.

Rev

Staff member
I am talking about what you said not a rumor. You said just trade contracts. Might want to go back and see who said what.
It's all a rumor right now. I was respondimg to your question about money and using up cap space. My point is:

It's not going to use up space. You are trading a first round contract for a first round contract.

I dont know if you read the rumor that was posted but that was what I was going off of. It was Taco, Jourdan Lewis, and a draft pick.

so yes I do read.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
We can bet that Miami will want a first round pick and a couple of players. I can't see them demanding at least that much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We can bet that Miami will want a first round pick and a couple of players. I can't see them demanding at least that much.
Yeah I can't imagine they care about getting player in return. They are in full rebuild and tank mode. They just want to load up on draft picks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's all a rumor right now. I was respondimg to your question about money and using up cap space. My point is:

It's not going to use up space. You are trading a first round contract for a first round contract.

I dont know if you read the rumor that was posted but that was what I was going off of. It was Taco, Jourdan Lewis, and a draft pick.

so yes I do read.
For the record I said” if “they have to use cap space. Since the circumstances are so nebulous who knows what would be the eventual out come that’s why I said it could be awkward.

I would trade Taco and a second round pick for him. Why not? If he is as good as he was billed to be it will be worth it. Plus we all wanted them to get a safety with the second this year and instead picked stupid ass Hill so... It’s not as though they are geniuses and will pick the best player with the second anyway.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Nobody is going to give them that.

I even have my doubts they'll get a 1st unless its a team that expects to make the playoffs and has no problem giving up a pick mid to late 20's (or 30's)

hstour

Brand New Member
I can't see any team trading for Taco. 2nd straight week on the inactive list and Dallas is going to have to make room for Quinn after today. Teams will see if they straight up release him.

Top Bottom