DLaw tells kid “get the right jersey” Refuses Autograph

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nothing wrong with that, for all we know the kid and his parents were trying to set up a situation that would go viral.
Complete with a shove to the back of the kid.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Kids are a lot more resilient than people think. Telling them "no" is not the end of the world.
No kidding. People act like kids can't and shouldn't ever face the slightest bit of negativity, which is absurd. The truth is, they're often more resilient than many adults.

Besides, now the kid gets to star in a viral video which is probably way more exciting for him than one lame autograph.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yep, and the kid doesn't just have a jersey on, he's decked out with face paint and a Giants hat. I can tell you, when I was 12 or whatever I sure as shit didn't want Michael Strahan's or Brian Dawkins' autograph. There's at least even odds that this was just some half-assed idea by a kid and his parents to get a moment to go viral.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There's at least even odds that this was just some half-assed idea by a kid and his parents to get a moment to go viral.
Mission accomplished. People are still chattering about it three days later. We are so fucked up as an attention whoring society now, it is sickening.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Indeed it is. The lengths people will go for 2 minutes of "fame" that nobody will remember a few days or a week later is preposterous.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I can see blowing off an adult but not a child. The optics are bad. Mean Joe would've thrown him his jersey.

data

Forbes #1
Demarcus 1 game suspension for conduct detrimental to the league. Enforced Week 8.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can see blowing off an adult but not a child. The optics are bad. Mean Joe would've thrown him his jersey.
The kid in the commercial was confident enough to approach Mean Joe with a Coke, not shoved into the picture by his stupid parents decked in a rival's gear.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In a commercial, sure. But I bet if a kid decked out in Cowboys gear would have asked him, he'd have told him to go fuck himself.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The kid in the commercial was confident enough to approach Mean Joe with a Coke, not shoved into the picture by his stupid parents decked in a rival's gear.
A kid that age just sees a famous player and wants his autograph. It's doubtful that he has any appreciation for the Cowboys-Giants rivalry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A kid that age just sees a famous player and wants his autograph. It's doubtful that he has any appreciation for the Cowboys-Giants rivalry.
For all we know that kid has no effing idea who Lawrence is specifically. Parents probably don't either. Fuck 'em all.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No kidding. People act like kids can't and shouldn't ever face the slightest bit of negativity, which is absurd. The truth is, they're often more resilient than many adults.

Besides, now the kid gets to star in a viral video which is probably way more exciting for him than one lame autograph.
And it makes him a better Giants fan.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Don’t necessarily agree with what D Law did here.

What says the rest of you?
I got no problem with it, I love fierce team loyalty, the league needs more of that, its good for the game, rivalry's, etc and that kid will be fine. He probably became a bigger Giant fan in the process, wtf's he asking for a Cowboy players sig for anyway?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Dude's been here a minute and already knows how to post vids. Nice to see a non-retarded DCUer finally show up.

~stares at dbair~

Oh, and good to see you, yimyammer. Been a long time.
likewise!

I snuck into y'alls club, had I known where everyone bolted, I would have gotten here sooner, sadly DCU has turned into a ghost town since it was sold so its good to see familiar names talking shit, I know dbair is sick to see I'm here, he thought he was finally free from my crazy ass, but nah!

Top Bottom