Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 1 | Giants at Cowboys | 09/08/19

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is it just me, or did Heath take one of his signature bad angles on the early Barkley run for a big gain?
It was a terrible angle.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is mind-boggling that we didn't utilize play action more in years past. It's literally football 101 that when you have a great running game that you utilize play action to open things up downfield, everybody on this board bitched about it for years, and yet with arguably the best RB in the game and a dominant OL we woefully under utilized it. The Rams utilized it to great effect, I believe more than any team in the league last year, and it's just completely inexplicable how something so basic was ignored for so long. Like, I get that everybody loves McVay, but using play action to take deep shots when you have a strong RB/running game is basic football.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Still in love with this play by Cobb.
Yeah, Beasley does not make that play. He doesn't make the long TD either. He lacked the top speed to streak down the field like that. Shiftiness, not speed, was Beasley's game. Cobb seems like a big time upgrade for downfield passing, which is where Prescott needed help. Beasley might be a better (or equal) security blanket, but we've got security blankets in Elliott and Witten already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Still in love with this play by Cobb.
Yeah when I watched it both myself and my wife were in shock that he somehow got that first down. The only receiver I can really remember doing that sort of thing was Dez in all honesty. But Cobb has that RB mentality once the ball is in his hands.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it just me, or did Heath take one of his signature bad angles on the early Barkley run for a big gain?
Yeah it was god awful by Heath. I'm not saying tackling Barkley in that situation should be easy but he wasn't even fucking close. He couldn't even get a hand on the dude in a pretty simple one on one situation. Which by the way was all set up by Crawford crashing down on the OT while the RB ran right outside of him. Those two players were the worst on the field on Sunday.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cobb's impact on the offense was immediate. I love the way they moved him around.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah it was god awful by Heath. I'm not saying tackling Barkley in that situation should be easy but he wasn't even fucking close. He couldn't even get a hand on the dude in a pretty simple one on one situation. Which by the way was all set up by Crawford crashing down on the OT while the RB ran right outside of him. Those two players were the worst on the field on Sunday.
I thought the d-line was where they were supposed to be so deep. Why is Crawford getting so many snaps?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, Beasley does not make that play. He doesn't make the long TD either. He lacked the top speed to streak down the field like that. Shiftiness, not speed, was Beasley's game. Cobb seems like a big time upgrade for downfield passing, which is where Prescott needed help. Beasley might be a better (or equal) security blanket, but we've got security blankets in Elliott and Witten already.
Yeah a lot of people are giving Beasley a hard time but they are forgetting he wasn't drafted, was greatly undersized, played for a relatively small football program, threw himself around to make circus catches. etc. No one ever said he was a huge talent that was physically superior rather that he overcame a lot of obstacles and made the starting line up of the Dallas Cowboys. For that alone he deserves some respect in my books. Its silly to compare him to someone who has good physical skills and attributes and expect him to match up with them. Its even sillier to ridicule his lack of attributes simply because he was unhappy about not getting paid more like many football athletes do every year. For his attributes he had a good career in Dallas and was a "Rudy" type story.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought the d-line was where they were supposed to be so deep. Why is Crawford getting so many snaps?
Crawford played like ass. As much as Heath took a bad angle on the big Barkley run, Crawford was undisciplined with his responsibilities which led to the run happening to begin with.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It also appeared to me that Vander Esch took the wrong gap and got closed out on that play. All the defenders were out of sync early in the game.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah a lot of people are giving Beasley a hard time but they are forgetting he wasn't drafted, was greatly undersized, played for a relatively small football program, threw himself around to make circus catches. etc. No one ever said he was a huge talent that was physically superior rather that he overcame a lot of obstacles and made the starting line up of the Dallas Cowboys. For that alone he deserves some respect in my books. Its silly to compare him to someone who has good physical skills and attributes and expect him to match up with them. Its even sillier to ridicule his lack of attributes simply because he was unhappy about not getting paid more like many football athletes do every year. For his attributes he had a good career in Dallas and was a "Rudy" type story.
Uh, well, I do think Beasley should shut his fricking jealous mouth about how great Buffalo is, because we all know that's a joke and he's only saying it because he's pissed that Dallas didn't pay him.

But that being said, aside from his behavior since his departure, Beasley was a fantastic story for Dallas and while Cobb I think is going to be a pretty substantial upgrade (as you put it, since he's a real athlete, a real outside WR, and more of a career #2, even a high end career #2), that doesn't take away from Beasley turning in something valuable to be remembered during his time here.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Crawford played like ass. As much as Heath took a bad angle on the big Barkley run, Crawford was undisciplined with his responsibilities which led to the run happening to begin with.
They shouldn't have had Crawford play at all IMO, he clearly wasn't ready. he normally isn't much of a pass rusher from DE anyway, but he was a complete zero yesterday. He wasn't even any good vs the run yesterday either, and at the least he is normally pretty dependable there.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Beasley is getting a hard time because he is an asshat.

On the field for us he was good and would definitely be seen as an overachiever, but he was a fucktard and needed to be gotten rid of.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I agree with this. The Beasley vitriol on this board is petty and retarded. So he wanted more money and said some things when he left? BFD. That shit happens every year with players. People thought he was funny as hell and gave him e-high fives when he told somebody to eat a dick on twitter while he was here. When he again shows the same attitude as he's leaving? ~gasp~ HE SUCKS!!

He gave this team a LOT more than was ever expected out of him, and was a reliable target. I wish him well in Buffalo.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I appreciate him just fine, but can he leave town with a little class? He's like a scorned lover who won't let it go.

Top Bottom