Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 1 | Giants at Cowboys | 09/08/19

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
overall emphasis on player safety which causes a lot of players to ease up because as they're trying to avoid tackles & hits that draw fines and penalties.

So get used to it.
Yep, just look at how long Buck cried about the Giants not getting a flag when LVE did a little shove on Eli

kidd

DCC 4Life
The offense was brilliant. It's the difference between an offense that makes a QB look good and one that the QB has to try and make look good. It was a bit pass happy but I finally felt like our offense moved into modern football instead of being stuck in the 90s.
Really hoping it continues to improve. Also hoping the defense plays better for the rest of the season.

They held old them to 10 until garbage time but the Giants moved the ball a little too easily for my taste.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Really hoping it continues to improve. Also hoping the defense plays better for the rest of the season.

They held old them to 10 until garbage time but the Giants moved the ball a little too easily for my taste.
We were in prevent then tho

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

They never cover running backs in the flat. That easy pass was there for Eli all day long.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well at the game, you could tell the Giants were playing 10 in the box for much of the game. They were determined not to let Zeke beat them. Ooops
Yeah i mean when you see them going single coverage on Cooper you know it's a bad idea. It led to some big plays. Dak doesn't even have to see if he is open. Just throw it and trust Cooper is better.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Pittsburg without AB looks like shit

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They never cover running backs in the flat. That easy pass was there for Eli all day long.
The defense left a lot to be desired but I think it will be different with Quinn out there. And hopefully Wilson...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So can I assume that the inexperienced kid by the name of Kellen Moore has now at the very least shown that maybe he is capable and knows something about the game of football. Glad to see some of you come around.

GShock

DCC 4Life
So can I assume that the inexperienced kid by the name of Kellen Moore has now at the very least shown that maybe he is capable and knows something about the game of football. Glad to see some of you come around.
He’s going to make his QB a lot of money.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He's def better than the HC we have had to train for the last 10 something years

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think it was only fair to be skeptical. No one on this staff has earned the benefit of the doubt.

In fact I'm still skeptical. I need to see him do this on a regular basis. He's had since April to prepare for this game against the Giants. Lets see what he looks like when the prep time is significantly reduced.

I'm hoping he continues to surprise me.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
so minus the big 3 - who was the most impressive today? I don't think anyone aside from heath (and not that bad) had a great game

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it was only fair to be skeptical. No one on this staff has earned the benefit of the doubt.

In fact I'm still skeptical. I need to see him do this on a regular basis. He's had since April to prepare for this game against the Giants. Lets see what he looks like when the prep time is significantly reduced.

I'm hoping he continues to surprise me.
I'm with you. Kellen Moore deserves credit for today but the sample size is small. It's a big step in the right direction but we have to keep seeing it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
so minus the big 3 - who was the most impressive today? I don't think anyone aside from heath (and not that bad) had a great game
To me it was Gallup. For not having a TD he had a monster game. But Cobb is right there with him.

The Oline also had an awesome day but the Giants Dline sucks so I'm not sure how much of a test they were.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well there's an agenda.
25/32405 yards 4 TDs 0 picks
12.7 ypa

That 78% completion with that kind of ypa doesn't just happen. Especially with 32 throws. There were no fluke plays either. It was a ton of good reads and good balls. Sure the Giants' secondary may end of being terrible but you still have to make the throws and he did. Again and again.
It most definitely is agenda. Dak outperformed his boy and he is salty. Should really wait until Dak has a bad game to complain.

Every QB is not going to throw the perfect pass every time but Dak was very good today.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I need to see him do this on a regular basis. He's had since April to prepare for this game against the Giants. Lets see what he looks like when the prep time is significantly reduced.
This, let's revisit this question after the Saints game

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Today was the first time in a long time that I saw a play where I expected a run play, saw 9-10 in the box, screamed at the television “please don’t run the ball” and they threw a pass. At the very least we were less predictable and passed more than we ran. Hopefully that isn’t just getting Zelle back up to speed.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Top Bottom