Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 1 | Giants at Cowboys | 09/08/19

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Pollard up the gut again. He hasn't taken a single ball outside of the tackles do far. It's my single bitch about Moore so far in this game. That and there being no 2 back sets.
You know, you don’t have to show everything all at once.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Shit, Barkley could have busted that for a lot more.

Just not impressed with the defensive effort. We just happened to score more than usual.
The D did not look as imposing as I had hoped. Fingers crossed that it’s just Manning, who always seems to play better than he actually is against us. And he never fricking turns it over or takes a sack against us either.

Still though... allowed 10 points before grange time.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
A fucking tie :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It seems like a great game, but some of these throws have been very questionable. The end result is TD, I get it. But he is not doing it with style.
No, his inherent lack of accuracy is still on display, but he’s at least moving the ball in chunks down the field. He very rarely in his career moved the ball as consistently as he did today.

Cobb looks like a fantastic addition. Way better than Beasley. Cooper and Gallup pick up where they left off.

Elliott has to get into form, but I’m sure that will come. Prescott playing like he did is very promising.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No, his inherent lack of accuracy is still on display, but he’s at least moving the ball in chunks down the field. He very rarely in his career moved the ball as consistently as he did today.

Cobb looks like a fantastic addition. Way better than Beasley. Cooper and Gallup pick up where they left off.

Elliott has to get into form, but I’m sure that will come. Prescott playing like he did is very promising.
His accuracy was def better today, especially with Gallup.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ugh...I hate that football games can end in a tie

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I will blame 1bigfan13 since he retired.
I had to work today. So I ended up recording the game.

I will tender my 2 weeks notice to my employer first thing tomorrow in order make sure I'm available for game day chats going forward.

Getting my priorities in order.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I had to work today. So I ended up recording the game.

I will tender my 2 weeks notice to my employer first thing tomorrow in order make sure I'm available for game day chats going forward.

Getting my priorities in order.
About damn time you started taking this seriously

1bigfan13

Staff member
Both Moore and Dak really showed me something today.

I don't know if the Giants are just that damn bad or what, but it's been a very long time since I've seen the Cowboys put a scheme on the field that created that kind of confusion in defenses and separation for their receivers.

For the first time in damn near a decade, it didn't feel like our receivers had to rely on "out-talenting" the guy across from them in order for the offense to work. For once the coaching staff put together a game plan that made things look incredibly easy for the players.

And props to Prescott. The dude was money today throwing on time and on target. There were few passes that were a little behind receivers but for the most part he was decisive in his reads and throws and put the ball on a dime to where only a Cowboy receiver could make a play on the ball.

Michael Gallup performed as expected. This kid is something special and is one of the better young WRs in football that no one outside Dallas is really talking about. Now that he and Dak have improved their chemistry we're finally seeing those explosive plays that we were missing out on last year.

Finally, loved what I saw from Cobb. I knew he would be a huge upgrade over Beasley because he can do a lot more as a WR and he's a better runner with the ball in his hand. My only concern was health.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, his inherent lack of accuracy is still on display, but he’s at least moving the ball in chunks down the field.
:lol

Can't just give a guy props for a perfect game. His accuracy was great. And some balls were even dropped.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Just got back from the game. A lot of fun to go to in person. Moore is going to get a lot of credit - and he deserves some for sure - but Dak was stellar today. Easily his best game as a passer (though he was terrific closing out the season against the Giants as well). I think he was like 100% completion rate of deep passes. Crazy. He was just in the zone. May of his passes didn't have a ton of room for error but he put the ball on his receivers again and again. Can't remember any dangerous throws/bad reads either.

I give a lot of credit of Kitna. Even Dak's release is sped up. He's a better player so far in 2019 than he ever has been before. Very encouraging.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Just got back from the game. A lot of fun to go to in person. Moore is going to get a lot of credit - and he deserves some for sure - but Dak was stellar today. Easily his best game as a passer (though he was terrific closing out the season against the Giants as well). I think he was like 100% completion rate of deep passes. Crazy. He was just in the zone. May of his passes didn't have a ton of room for error but he put the ball on his receivers again and again. Can't remember any dangerous throws/bad reads either.

I give a lot of credit of Kitna. Even Dak's release is sped up. He's a better player so far in 2019 than he ever has been before. Very encouraging.
To Moore's credit, it seemed the receivers were put in place to get open easier than in years past

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Well there's an agenda.
25/32405 yards 4 TDs 0 picks
12.7 ypa

That 78% completion with that kind of ypa doesn't just happen. Especially with 32 throws. There were no fluke plays either. It was a ton of good reads and good balls. Sure the Giants' secondary may end of being terrible but you still have to make the throws and he did. Again and again.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Lots of sloppy tackling today by the Cowboys D but as some NFL analysts have pointed out, sloppier tackling is probably going to be the new norm in today's NFL and going forward.

Mainly due to the CBA limiting the number of practices, a lot less tackling in practices, fewer padded practices, and the overall emphasis on player safety which causes a lot of players to ease up because they're trying to avoid tackles & hits that draw fines and penalties.

So get used to it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The offense was brilliant. It's the difference between an offense that makes a QB look good and one that the QB has to try and make look good. It was a bit pass happy but I finally felt like our offense moved into modern football instead of being stuck in the 90s.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol

Can't just give a guy props for a perfect game. His accuracy was great. And some balls were even dropped.
He had a few balls that were slightly off target but hell EVERY QB has those in EVERY game. Not sure why some are trying to hold Dak to some impossible standard.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The offense was brilliant. It's the difference between an offense that makes a QB look good and one that the QB has to try and make look good. It was a bit pass happy but I finally felt like our offense moved into modern football instead of being stuck in the 90s.
Well at the game, you could tell the Giants were playing 10 in the box for much of the game. They were determined not to let Zeke beat them. Ooops

Top Bottom