Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 1 | Giants at Cowboys | 09/08/19

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by deadrise View Post
    Is it just me, or did Heath take one of his signature bad angles on the early Barkley run for a big gain?
    It was a terrible angle.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

    Comment




    • 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

      Comment


      • It is mind-boggling that we didn't utilize play action more in years past. It's literally football 101 that when you have a great running game that you utilize play action to open things up downfield, everybody on this board bitched about it for years, and yet with arguably the best RB in the game and a dominant OL we woefully under utilized it. The Rams utilized it to great effect, I believe more than any team in the league last year, and it's just completely inexplicable how something so basic was ignored for so long. Like, I get that everybody loves McVay, but using play action to take deep shots when you have a strong RB/running game is basic football.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
          And we are perfectly positioned to literally ABUSE anyone who decides not to bite on playaction. Oh, don't want to get sucked up? Enjoy having Elliott ram it down your throat.

          Comment




          • Still in love with this play by Cobb.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by boozeman View Post


              Still in love with this play by Cobb.
              Yeah, Beasley does not make that play. He doesn't make the long TD either. He lacked the top speed to streak down the field like that. Shiftiness, not speed, was Beasley's game. Cobb seems like a big time upgrade for downfield passing, which is where Prescott needed help. Beasley might be a better (or equal) security blanket, but we've got security blankets in Elliott and Witten already.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by boozeman View Post


                Still in love with this play by Cobb.

                reminds me of...




                Comment


                • Originally posted by boozeman View Post


                  Still in love with this play by Cobb.
                  Yeah when I watched it both myself and my wife were in shock that he somehow got that first down. The only receiver I can really remember doing that sort of thing was Dez in all honesty. But Cobb has that RB mentality once the ball is in his hands.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                    Is it just me, or did Heath take one of his signature bad angles on the early Barkley run for a big gain?
                    Yeah it was god awful by Heath. I'm not saying tackling Barkley in that situation should be easy but he wasn't even fucking close. He couldn't even get a hand on the dude in a pretty simple one on one situation. Which by the way was all set up by Crawford crashing down on the OT while the RB ran right outside of him. Those two players were the worst on the field on Sunday.

                    Comment


                    • Cobb's impact on the offense was immediate. I love the way they moved him around.

                      Comment


                      • Forgot about this gem from a few weeks ago.



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

                          Yeah it was god awful by Heath. I'm not saying tackling Barkley in that situation should be easy but he wasn't even fucking close. He couldn't even get a hand on the dude in a pretty simple one on one situation. Which by the way was all set up by Crawford crashing down on the OT while the RB ran right outside of him. Those two players were the worst on the field on Sunday.
                          I thought the d-line was where they were supposed to be so deep. Why is Crawford getting so many snaps?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

                            Yeah, Beasley does not make that play. He doesn't make the long TD either. He lacked the top speed to streak down the field like that. Shiftiness, not speed, was Beasley's game. Cobb seems like a big time upgrade for downfield passing, which is where Prescott needed help. Beasley might be a better (or equal) security blanket, but we've got security blankets in Elliott and Witten already.
                            Yeah a lot of people are giving Beasley a hard time but they are forgetting he wasn't drafted, was greatly undersized, played for a relatively small football program, threw himself around to make circus catches. etc. No one ever said he was a huge talent that was physically superior rather that he overcame a lot of obstacles and made the starting line up of the Dallas Cowboys. For that alone he deserves some respect in my books. Its silly to compare him to someone who has good physical skills and attributes and expect him to match up with them. Its even sillier to ridicule his lack of attributes simply because he was unhappy about not getting paid more like many football athletes do every year. For his attributes he had a good career in Dallas and was a "Rudy" type story.
                            Since Day One

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by deadrise View Post

                              I thought the d-line was where they were supposed to be so deep. Why is Crawford getting so many snaps?
                              Crawford played like ass. As much as Heath took a bad angle on the big Barkley run, Crawford was undisciplined with his responsibilities which led to the run happening to begin with.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

                                Yeah it was god awful by Heath. I'm not saying tackling Barkley in that situation should be easy but he wasn't even fucking close. He couldn't even get a hand on the dude in a pretty simple one on one situation. Which by the way was all set up by Crawford crashing down on the OT while the RB ran right outside of him. Those two players were the worst on the field on Sunday.
                                It also appeared to me that Vander Esch took the wrong gap and got closed out on that play. All the defenders were out of sync early in the game.
                                Since Day One

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X