Fisher: Taco Charlton To Be Inactive Vs. Giants

p1_

DCC 4Life
Oh I agree, he was incredibly disappointing in camp and preseason. But he was a high pick and you cant give up on those guys this soon. They need time to develop. He looks like he needs a year or so in a real strength program and more technique work.
he also needs to be worked into the rotation if he indeed is what he is supposed/purported to be at #58.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Didn't Richard sign off on him?
In regards to Hill, he toed the company line and stated that the game is won up front.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Richard gave some half-assed response about having dual safeties or some shit, implying that having two safeties who are similar (presumably that Thornhill and Woods are both better suited as the single-high in his scheme) isn't ideal. It was all really weird, but all I know is that the groupthink on the Hill pick was real strong and if I had to guess he was artificially moved up our board for no reason other than Marinelli's love for him and the flashes of explosiveness/burst off the snap that he showed here and there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Richard gave some half-assed response about having dual safeties or some shit, implying that having two safeties who are similar (presumably that Thornhill and Woods are both better suited as the single-high in his scheme) isn't ideal. It was all really weird, but all I know is that the groupthink on the Hill pick was real strong and if I had to guess he was artificially moved up our board for no reason other than Marinelli's love for him and the flashes of explosiveness/burst off the snap that he showed here and there.
Funny how it is always about scheme fits and physical prototypes with both him and Marinelli. I get it how you want players that fit perfectly, but when a player can clearly show up on tape, making up excuses like they did here and with Charlton is just flat out idiotic and counter-productive.

Watt? Don't need that, need a run/pass guy.

Thornhill? Nope. Need a box guy of sorts. Sorry.

Good football players are good football players and projects usually stay projects.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Yea, we'll see" = "I'm not sure what Jerry and Stephen will want to do with him."

p1_

DCC 4Life
Should the best players play or should they not?
yes they should. Taken at his draft slot, he/his potential has in essence been graded higher than any of our 3 tech players. Now, if you believe he was overvalued, that's one thing. But I believe there needs to be some payout steadily over this season. If hes inactive in October/November, that's a bust/huge concern IMO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If hes inactive in October/November, that's a bust/huge concern IMO.
I have a big problem if he sits out the first month of the year as a healthy scratch. It is unlikely that every week will have him being the very last lineman up.

If he goes until the last week like Carpenter did, stick a fork in him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Interpret away:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Interpret away:

a lot of trade speculation out there.

Top Bottom