Cowboy Cuts Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This fucking shit pisses me off. God damn.
He will be on the PUP to start the season, so he gets six weeks before he has to be activated or placed on IR.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This fucking shit pisses me off. God damn.
Brown is headed to PUP, and Wilson cleared waivers. I like Wilson, too. But apparently he's more highly regarded here than he is by a coaching staff that sees him every day and 31 other NFL teams.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not many.
Sure there are. They could cut 53 other players, resign Garrett, not pay Zeke, etc....

Wilson is just someone that hasn't played a down in the regular season. No reason to lose any sleep over this.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wilson has potential, but he’s always been a serious longshot. Devin Smith has way better pedigree and if he’s healthy far better potential.

32 teams agree

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sure there are. They could cut 53 other players, resign Garrett, not pay Zeke, etc....

Wilson is just someone that hasn't played a down in the regular season. No reason to lose any sleep over this.
Exactly. It never fails, every year an end of the roster guy gets over hyped. In other years, he probably would have made the team. But we finally have good depth at the position and guys like this get squeezed out. That’s a good thing, not something to be pissed about.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Once you get a player to the practice squad you should be fine. Having them get claimed on waivers I think is the biggest concern. Now that guys like Wilson and Wise cleared that I'm ok with it. There's enough depth in front of those guys that they wouldn't play without an injury happening anyway, and now they can just get called up.

The curious thing to me is Phillips. I don't see why they valued Covington and Queiro ahead of him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Once you get a player to the practice squad you should be fine. Having them get claimed on waivers I think is the biggest concern. Now that guys like Wilson and Wise cleared that I'm ok with it. There's enough depth in front of those guys that they wouldn't play without an injury happening anyway, and now they can just get called up.

The curious thing to me is Phillips. I don't see why they valued Covington and Queiro ahead of him.
Moot point now. Gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We just didn't have any interest I guess.
Or we don't value what they do on the field and it is a playing favorites game. Phillips outplayed the Queiro kid who was injured all preseason and he was approached for the spot. I don't blame him for going where he is wanted.

Top Bottom