2019 Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Texans | 08/24/19

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I know the Texans line isn't great, but 8 sacks is pretty damn good. We also had 3 or so turnovers. This defense is going to be good.
Yeah that kind of score disparity is significant, even in a preseason game.

We just have to clean up the ridiculous number of penalties.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
A real GM is on the phone with the Texans offering Zeke for two #1’s.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Hard to find much wrong with this one other than the penalties and the opening 3 and out offensively when Prescott seemingly missed an easy one to Gallup.

Otherwise, good effort and impressive defense and special teams.

1) Continue to be impressed by Pollard, he definitely has some talent and skill for the position. I thought he might be a decent backup, but based on what we have seen in preseason he appears to be much more than just another #2 RB. Also am impressed with this Chunn kid. To be as big as he is, he is pretty nimble and disaplys a real natural ability to catch the ball.

2) We are freaking loaded at WR. Cedric Wilson and Devin Smith should both make this team. Wouldn't surprise me if a WR needy team called and asked for one of our 4/5/6 guys.

3) Our front 7 absolutely dominated the Houston offense. 8 sacks (could have been 9 or 10). Probably best game of Taco's career. Love the Kerry Hyder signing and he has been playing his ass off all preseason. Maliek Collins looks like he is taking the next step from decent starter to potential impact player. Whether or not Lee stays healthy, this LB corp is elite.

4) This 6th rd pick Donovan Wilson is very interesting. Appears to have really solid athletic ability and range, and has shown he can play the ball.

5) Cedric Wilson has not only looked good at WR, when he has gotten reps as the punt returner he has produced. Catches them clean and gets upfield, something we haven't seen on ST in a long time here.

6) Not sure when they drafted Joe Jackson and Jalen Jelks if they reasonably expected 1 of them to make the team. I suspect they though both might be PS guys or in Jackson's case, maybe an end of the roster guy who basically redshirted all yr as an inactive guy. They probably have to keep both these guys on the active roster and Jackson appears he could be a part of the rotation from day one. Jelks has very interesting upside. With Taco playing pretty well and Hyder having a great camp and preseason, Tyrone Crawford really might not make this team now. Maybe we could even sucker someone out of a late rd pick for him.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
He has been great this preseason. I know he is everyone's favorite punching bag and he brings it on himself. But he definitely looks to have taken a step forward on the field.
Just further proof of why people need to chill for 2-3 seasons with a lot of players drafted, especially guys taken late in the 1st rd.

Taco wasn't great against SF but had a better game vs the Rams and was a stud on the field last night. He is definitely trending up and seems to be verifying on the field some of the chatter about him from the training camp practiced.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I would agree with that. Romo may have been a leader of like 10 people. He was without a doubt not a leader of the whole team. Dak is a leader of the team.
Other than his propensity for turnovers at the worst times, the lack of leadership skills was clearly Romo's #1 flaw. He was absolutely the antithesis of an Aikman or Staubach type when it came motivating teammates.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
you are being sarcastic, right?
He was answering a post with Daryl Johnston misspelled as Darrell Johnston by misspelling Michael Irvin, so... I'd venture to say, yes.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Taco seems to be playing with much more of a motor in these preseason games, he will never be an explosive player off the edge and he still lacks a refined pass rush technique, but he keeps working through contact and isn't just accepting being blocked as he so often has in the past. With his size/length if you play with a relentless motor you're bound to be at least a decent depth piece and rack up a few sacks, so let's hope he keeps that up.

Top Bottom