2019 Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Texans | 08/24/19

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm hoping for at least 10 touches out of Pollard tonight.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The new Dunbar. Let's hope he's more durable. Plus, his uni # sucks.

Cotton

Staff member
The new Dunbar. Let's hope he's more durable. Plus, his uni # sucks.
He is much better than Dunbar ever dreamed of being.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Will martin and smith play tonight?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm not expecting anyone of consequence to play much tonight. That's what they did last year -- play the starters the first two games, then rest them the next two.

But then I've barely paid attention so I don't know if there's solid talk to the contrary.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not expecting anyone of consequence to play much tonight. That's what they did last year -- play the starters the first two games, then rest them the next two.

But then I've barely paid attention so I don't know if there's solid talk to the contrary.
This is the dress rehearsal for most teams. Not sure why this team has been bucking against that tradition the last few years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I expect starters to get some time tonight, especially on offense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the dress rehearsal for most teams. Not sure why this team has been bucking against that tradition the last few years.
The new trend now is to rest everybody. That's what the Colts, Bears and Eagles ended up doing.

Cotton

Staff member
The new trend now is to rest everybody. That's what the Colts, Bears and Eagles ended up doing.
Not exactly great company to keep.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Raiders/Packers did too but think that was more due to the shitty field

Cotton

Staff member
Raiders/Packers did too but think that was more due to the shitty field
Yes, it was. The dumbass NFL ended playing a game at 80 yards because the field was so bad.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I remember we speculated about this last year. IIRC the best we could come up with is if you got a little injury you'd now have an extra week to recover. Not sure if the teams have addressed this or not?

I was surprised when I saw Josh Allen playing late into the second quarter last night, but then he's young and needs the reps. But at least McDermott isn't coaching in fear.

Edit, turned on the pregame show and they said they expect several starters to play on offense, so I dunno.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember we speculated about this last year. IIRC the best we could come up with is if you got a little injury you'd now have an extra week to recover. Not sure if the teams have addressed this or not?

I was surprised when I saw Josh Allen playing late into the second quarter last night, but then he's young and needs the reps. But at least McDermott isn't coaching in fear.

Edit, turned on the pregame show and they said they expect several starters to play on offense, so I dunno.
It used to be starters may go into the third quarter in this game. But NFL teams have become so injury risk adverse. Still I mean how much extra risk is involved. A guy who isn't ready for the season could step out in the first quarter of game one amd get injured. It's just how the NFL is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not exactly great company to keep.
Yeah, three playoff teams last year.

I left out the Rams who rested everyone last year and beat the shit out of us. Horrible company.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, three playoff teams last year.

I left out the Rams who rested everyone last year and beat the shit out of us. Horrible company.
So, three teams that didn't do shit in the postseason. Good point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Oh shit is Sean Lee playing? I'm setting the amputation grade injury over/under at 2 series

Cotton

Staff member
Dak/Gallup, you have to be better than that.

Top Bottom