Archer: DeMarcus Lawrence and Tyrone Crawford To Be Activated From PUP

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Interesting that Jones isn't being activated at the same time, but then again I don't really give a fuck about Byron Jones.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting that Jones isn't being activated at the same time, but then again I don't really give a fuck about Byron Jones.
Yeah for a guy that was a probowl player last year Jones really just doesn't feel that important to the team. Kind of crazy in a way but I don't view Byron Jones as having that big of an impact one way or the other on the team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett stated that he has had a "setback" in his rehab. They could be looking to keeping him out until the last minute in case they need to put him on the PUP list to start the year. If he practices in any way, that's not an option.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Yep, sounds like Byron Jones might not be ready for week one. I wonder if he ends up missing several games to start the season.

He'd be a loss, but if he had to miss the first 3 games it probably wont be a killer for us because none of those 3 teams has elite passing offenses and we do have a decent situation at CB with Awuzie, Brown and Lewis.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah for a guy that was a probowl player last year Jones really just doesn't feel that important to the team. Kind of crazy in a way but I don't view Byron Jones as having that big of an impact one way or the other on the team.
Well, he is a corner after all.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If you guaranteed me that Awuzie/Brown/Lewis would stay healthy all year Jones could tear his ACL tomorrow and it wouldn't change my expectations one iota. The guy is not a top 10 most important player on the roster.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If you guaranteed me that Awuzie/Brown/Lewis would stay healthy all year Jones could tear his ACL tomorrow and it wouldn't change my expectations one iota. The guy is not a top 10 most important player on the roster.
Yeah he's a solid player but he's just not much of a difference maker. You barely notice him out there, which is both good and bad.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You guys are selling short how good Jones' season was last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. Too much position hate.
I think it's hard to appreciate a corner who isn't picking off passes. You just don't see them much if they have good coverage. Jones had a lot of good coverage. But that doesn't stand out much to fans. Myself included. Plus he faded late.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think it's hard to appreciate a corner who isn't picking off passes. You just don't see them much if they have good coverage. Jones had a lot of good coverage. But that doesn't stand out much to fans. Myself included. Plus he faded late.
the late fade was probably the one real negative to what was a very strong season for Jones. He does need to pick some off too. Locking a guy down is all well and good, but the top dudes can take it away and change games.

Top Bottom