2019 Dallas Cowboys Media Guide

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anyone wants a copy, PM me and I can email you the pdf.

Was looking over this and I discovered something chilling....

Judd Fuckin' Garrett is considered an "Assistant WR coach".

WTF
-------------
JUDD GARRETT Director of Advanced Scouting/ Assistant Wide Receivers

Judd Garrett was added to the Cowboys Scouting Department in the spring of 2008 as the director of pro scouting and moved into the coaching wing in 2017 as the director of advanced scouting/offensive assistant. In his role, Garrett studies and evaluates personnel and schemes of upcoming opponents and presents it to the coaching staff to help shape the game plan. In 2019 he will also add assistant wide receivers coach to his role. Garrett has spent the past 22 years in various roles in the NFL. In his role in Cowboys personnel, Garrett was in charge of evaluating players and rosters from the NFL and other professional football teams. Garrett was also responsible for advance scouting, free agency preparation and tracking player movements within the league. Prior to arriving in Dallas, Garrett spent two years (2006-07) as the tight ends coach with the St. Louis Rams. From 2000-05 he worked for the Miami Dolphins in a variety of capacities, but mainly as an offensive assistant. He served as the offensive quality control coach for the Dolphins from 2001-05, but concentrated on quarterbacks in 2003 and wide receivers in 2004. In 2001 he was an offensive assistant with Miami. Garrett made his NFL coaching debut in 1997 with the New Orleans Saints as an offensive assistant. He spent three seasons with the Saints.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Look at how many former Garrett players are on the staff; Moore, Colombo, Kitna, Gurode, and Phillip Tanner, that's right around 25% of the damn coaching staff, and then of course you have his brother apparently dabbling as well. I don't know whether it's Garrett trying to insulate himself, the fact that his "network" is limited because he's basically only ever been with the Cowboys as a coach, or both, but either way it's pathetic.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Was looking over this and I discovered something chilling....

Judd Fuckin' Garrett is considered an "Assistant WR coach".

WTF
-------------
:lol

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Look at how many former Garrett players are on the staff; Moore, Colombo, Kitna, Gurode, and Phillip Tanner, that's right around 25% of the damn coaching staff, and then of course you have his brother apparently dabbling as well. I don't know whether it's Garrett trying to insulate himself, the fact that his "network" is limited because he's basically only ever been with the Cowboys as a coach, or both, but either way it's pathetic.
Parcells was responsible for Colombo and Gurode being here, so some of whatever he was doing would have probably rubbed off on them.

Tanner and Gurode have pretty insignificant roles on the coaching staff (special teams "assistant" and defensive "assistant")

The Moore and Kitna hires are definitely troublesome. Perhaps they will show they were worth hires at some point this yr, although based on how bad Mike White in his 2nd camp looks I'd say the jury is out. Ultimately how Dak and the offense performs will validate them though.

On the team website Judd Garrett is listed as "director of advance scouting and special projects", whatever that means. Probably means he goes and watches other teams we play and takes notes.

Hopefully this is the last yr of the Red Plague though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
On the team website Judd Garrett is listed as "director of advance scouting and special projects", whatever that means. Probably means he goes and watches other teams we play and takes notes.
And this media guide supersedes the website. He is moonlighting as "asst. WR coach" too.

I guess anything to justify his existence. He is one step away from a desk in the basement with a red stapler.

Top Bottom