2019 Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Rams in Honolulu| 08/17/19

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, maybe Witten was supposed to chip him a little before he went out, but that doesn't mean Pollard has to totally whiff.

It was one of those stupid plays anyway. Witten goes out on a 2-yard pattern then glaciers his way forward for a yard or two. Bleh.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That play looked broken and awkward from the get-go, not really sure who to blame exactly, but even if Pollard was only ad-libbing in his attempt to pass protect he still got shook out of his shoes and barely got a hand on the defender as he gave him the arm-over and went right on by.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That play looked broken and awkward from the get-go, not really sure who to blame exactly, but even if Pollard was only ad-libbing in his attempt to pass protect he still got shook out of his shoes and barely got a hand on the defender as he gave him the arm-over and went right on by.
yeah, not much resistance was given.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, maybe Witten was supposed to chip him a little before he went out, but that doesn't mean Pollard has to totally whiff.

It was one of those stupid plays anyway. Witten goes out on a 2-yard pattern then glaciers his way forward for a yard or two. Bleh.
The sad thing is I really believe they wanted that ball to come out quickly to Witten. It's a 2 yard gain for sure. Any other TE on this roster could probably get you more with that play. But those will go to Witten.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not hanging a lot of weight on one damn play. Let's see if it becomes a pattern before we all jump ship on the guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not hanging a lot of weight on one damn play. Let's see if it becomes a pattern before we all jump ship on the guy.
I don't think anyone is. Hell Witten could have at least got a piece of him to slow it up. So I wouldn't even put it all on Pollard regardless. Just a learning experience for him which is a good thing. It's why I want him to play more real reps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom