2019 Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Rams in Honolulu| 08/17/19

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read some people who broke down the play that blamed Witten for the whiff.
I mean he was probably supposed to get a piece of the guy before going out on a route. They ran a stunt and the RT whiffed on his guy. And then Pollard whiffed on his. Basically the pass protection was a bunch of shit on that play. Granted it looked like the Rams weren't holding things back and running a vanilla defense but once the regular season hits no one will be holding back either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean he was probably supposed to get a piece of the guy before going out on a route. They ran a stunt and the RT whiffed on his guy. And then Pollard whiffed on his. Basically the pass protection was a bunch of shit on that play. Granted it looked like the Rams weren't holding things back and running a vanilla defense but once the regular season hits no one will be holding back either.
If you look at his route, it was about a couple of yards.

If that is a designed route, it was a shitty design.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If you look at his route, it was about a couple of yards.

If that is a designed route, it was a shitty design.
Well how else is Witten supposed to get 3 yards on 3rd&7?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Admittedly I haven't watched all the 2nd preseason game yet, but so far I'd say we don't look like a team ready to take the next step, which has been par for the course in the Jason Garrett era. Observations so far:

1) The Elliott holdout could sink the season, as IMO this isn't a true playoff team without him. While I am not a fan of a guy holding out with two yrs left, the fact is they did draft him with the 4th overall pick because they thought he was a dominant, difference making player that could elevate the entire team. Fast forward to 3 seasons later, he's proven that to be true, and now you don't want to pay him accordingly? And nobody go into Zoner retard mode here and try to convince me that he is a "trouble maker" or has "tons of off field problems". There's FAR worse on 31 other teams in this league. Is he an idiot kid? Yeah probably. Is he a super thug felon, no. And he is certainly an elite player.

2) After shooting off their mouths about all this great "Jimmy era esque depth" so far it doesn't seem much different than the depth we have had in other years. There is no backup QB, the backup OL are not very good (as usual) and while there appears to be numbers on the DL, they don't seem to have much pass rush talent (especially without DLaw and Quinn, and we know Quinn is out the 1st two games and DLaw may not be ready for the season either). The special teams continue to look like shit too.

3) Another training camp/preseason of tons of guys missing practice time. Another thing that's been par for the course in the post-Jimmy eras.

4) One area that does seem to be pretty well stocked is WR, I do like a lot of the guys we have there.

5) I do like what I've seen from rookie Pollard at RB, but the idea that he is a bell cow, carry the load type RB is a massive reach IMO.

6) Love seeing Fred back in there, although getting him back if Tyron Smith and/or Zack Martin cant go would be disappointing. Am certainly hopeful we see all of them on the field for at least a few series this week for game three.

Like I told Booze before I registered, unfortunately I am kind of getting a 2008 kind of vibe with this team. Massive expectations that end up in disappointment. I hope I am wrong, but until I see differently that's the way I feel.
welcome man, glad youre here.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Anyone else watching Niners/Broncos? Garoppollo has already had a pass batted down and a pick :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am going to fucking curse, and if you don't like it we are going to brawl and I will kick your ass
Why you gotta be so Hostile?

icup

Brand New Member
clarence hill is the guy with the cringe-worthy over-the-top laugh at jerry's "zeke who?" comment, right ?

what a nerd

Top Bottom