2019 Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Rams in Honolulu| 08/17/19

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Devin Smith is playing well too.
Yeah, the hard thing with Smith is he is already 27. Cedrick is 24. So if both guys show equal promise I go with the young one on a rookoe deal. But Devin Smith may be more NFL ready.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just done with White. If he was showing any promise it might be different. But he still can't read a defense at all. At this point I would rather play Christion and see if he has any talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol at the spin job here:

"Prescott puts some air under the football and gives Gallup a shot on the back shoulder." :lol

No, that was an underthrown pass that Gallup made a great play on. Gallup had about 2 steps on that CB and a pass that hits him stride results in at least an extra 20 yards. I doubt he'd have scored because the safety had an angle on him.
It wasn't a perfect pass but he gave the receiver a chance to catch it. I'll take that any day over an overthrow where the receiver has no chance.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm just done with White. If he was showing any promise it might be different. But he still can't read a defense at all. At this point I would rather play Christion and see if he has any talent.
I think he's Jamiel Showers.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That TD last night was the first one in a preseason game in the last 48 drives.

:lol

God damn.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I wondered last night if they'll sit him for the remainder of the preseason as a precaution just in case the Zeke holdout drags into the regular season.

Honestly I'd be fine with it if they chose to do so.
I would like him to keep getting work - he is a rookie after all — but I’m not gonna complain about how much or little he gets. He looks like he’s a keeper.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I would like him to keep getting work - he is a rookie after all — but I’m not gonna complain about how much or little he gets. He looks like he’s a keeper.
Im eager to see him utilized in the passing game. saw a ton of it from his college highlights.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The RT shit the bed there too it looks like. It's really hard on play action when you let two guys have a free path to the QB.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Admittedly I haven't watched all the 2nd preseason game yet, but so far I'd say we don't look like a team ready to take the next step, which has been par for the course in the Jason Garrett era. Observations so far:

1) The Elliott holdout could sink the season, as IMO this isn't a true playoff team without him. While I am not a fan of a guy holding out with two yrs left, the fact is they did draft him with the 4th overall pick because they thought he was a dominant, difference making player that could elevate the entire team. Fast forward to 3 seasons later, he's proven that to be true, and now you don't want to pay him accordingly? And nobody go into Zoner retard mode here and try to convince me that he is a "trouble maker" or has "tons of off field problems". There's FAR worse on 31 other teams in this league. Is he an idiot kid? Yeah probably. Is he a super thug felon, no. And he is certainly an elite player.

2) After shooting off their mouths about all this great "Jimmy era esque depth" so far it doesn't seem much different than the depth we have had in other years. There is no backup QB, the backup OL are not very good (as usual) and while there appears to be numbers on the DL, they don't seem to have much pass rush talent (especially without DLaw and Quinn, and we know Quinn is out the 1st two games and DLaw may not be ready for the season either). The special teams continue to look like shit too.

3) Another training camp/preseason of tons of guys missing practice time. Another thing that's been par for the course in the post-Jimmy eras.

4) One area that does seem to be pretty well stocked is WR, I do like a lot of the guys we have there.

5) I do like what I've seen from rookie Pollard at RB, but the idea that he is a bell cow, carry the load type RB is a massive reach IMO.

6) Love seeing Fred back in there, although getting him back if Tyron Smith and/or Zack Martin cant go would be disappointing. Am certainly hopeful we see all of them on the field for at least a few series this week for game three.

Like I told Booze before I registered, unfortunately I am kind of getting a 2008 kind of vibe with this team. Massive expectations that end up in disappointment. I hope I am wrong, but until I see differently that's the way I feel.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Admittedly I haven't watched all the 2nd preseason game yet, but so far I'd say we don't look like a team ready to take the next step, which has been par for the course in the Jason Garrett era. Observations so far:

1) The Elliott holdout could sink the season, as IMO this isn't a true playoff team without him. While I am not a fan of a guy holding out with two yrs left, the fact is they did draft him with the 4th overall pick because they thought he was a dominant, difference making player that could elevate the entire team. Fast forward to 3 seasons later, he's proven that to be true, and now you don't want to pay him accordingly? And nobody go into Zoner retard mode here and try to convince me that he is a "trouble maker" or has "tons of off field problems". There's FAR worse on 31 other teams in this league. Is he an idiot kid? Yeah probably. Is he a super thug felon, no. And he is certainly an elite player.

2) After shooting off their mouths about all this great "Jimmy era esque depth" so far it doesn't seem much different than the depth we have had in other years. There is no backup QB, the backup OL are not very good (as usual) and while there appears to be numbers on the DL, they don't seem to have much pass rush talent (especially without DLaw and Quinn, and we know Quinn is out the 1st two games and DLaw may not be ready for the season either). The special teams continue to look like shit too.

3) Another training camp/preseason of tons of guys missing practice time. Another thing that's been par for the course in the post-Jimmy eras.

4) One area that does seem to be pretty well stocked is WR, I do like a lot of the guys we have there.

5) I do like what I've seen from rookie Pollard at RB, but the idea that he is a bell cow, carry the load type RB is a massive reach IMO.

6) Love seeing Fred back in there, although getting him back if Tyron Smith and/or Zack Martin cant go would be disappointing. Am certainly hopeful we see all of them on the field for at least a few series this week for game three.

Like I told Booze before I registered, unfortunately I am kind of getting a 2008 kind of vibe with this team. Massive expectations that end up in disappointment. I hope I am wrong, but until I see differently that's the way I feel.
:welcome

Now, get an avatar, homo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The RT shit the bed there too it looks like. It's really hard on play action when you let two guys have a free path to the QB.
Read some people who broke down the play that blamed Witten for the whiff.

Top Bottom