2019 Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Rams in Honolulu| 08/17/19

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Nope but I bet he is a better player for the eperience he got last night. Even if it was limited. We certainly saw he needs work on his blitz pickup.
I wondered last night if they'll sit him for the remainder of the preseason as a precaution just in case the Zeke holdout drags into the regular season.

Honestly I'd be fine with it if they chose to do so.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Everytime a team throws a deep pass or is trailing late in a game you know they are going to throw the challenge flag for a PI. It's going to be the new NFL and I'm going to hate it.

Especially if happens at a point where your last ditch hope is a penalty. Games won't end with a great play. They are going to end with bogus challenges.
I've already watched quite a few ticky-tack plays get reversed thanks to the PI review. When they announced this new rule I thought they said it was supposed to be for egregious violations that were missed and not for every damn instance of minor hand fighting that happens on damn near every play.

PI is like holding. It can be called on virtually every play.

Hopefully they back off on the calls once the regular season gets going. They've done that in the past with other new rules......where refs would be flag happy in preseason and in September, but once we got past the first few weeks of the season there's a noticeable difference in how the new rules are enforced.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol at the spin job here:

"Prescott puts some air under the football and gives Gallup a shot on the back shoulder." :lol

No, that was an underthrown pass that Gallup made a great play on. Gallup had about 2 steps on that CB and a pass that hits him stride results in at least an extra 20 yards. I doubt he'd have scored because the safety had an angle on him.

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Everytime a team throws a deep pass or is trailing late in a game you know they are going to throw the challenge flag for a PI. It's going to be the new NFL and I'm going to hate it.

Especially if happens at a point where your last ditch hope is a penalty. Games won't end with a great play. They are going to end with bogus challenges.
I was under the impression that it was booth review only in the final 2 minutes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Really liked what I saw out of Hyder and Christian Covington last night, I thought they were value depth signings and I wouldn't be surprised if they're our primary guys getting snaps after Lawrence/Collins/Woods/Quinn/Crawford. Hyder in particular I think could be a credible Crawford replacement for a fraction of the price, Crawford won't be cut this year but I'd be perfectly comfortable letting him go next year with Hyder effectively replacing him as a base-DE who reduces inside in nickel/dime.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As an aside, I'd be perfectly happy extending a guy like Maliek Collins, Anthony Brown or even Xavier Woods right now, if the price is right of course. La'el Collins and Byron Jones are costing a combined $16 million against the cap this year, throw in Crawford and that goes up to over $26 million. Assuming all three of them are gone next year I feel like we could comfortably extend guys like that if they're willing to accept deals averaging around 6-7 a year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That flash by Hill was nice but if you watched him closely throughout the game you'd know that it was simply an isolated moment. You could see his burst/get off on a few snaps but overall it's obvious that he has no idea what he is doing and he often ends up on the ground or falling over himself because he's so off-balance. And against double teams he just gets completely caved in. Lots of work to do with that one.

Top Bottom