Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMN: Cowboys-49ers sideline exclusive - Brett Maher's hash mark dilemma, and a tough blow for a defensive bright spot

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post

Fill me in on these trends.
    routinely missing what for kickers amounts to a bread and butter field goal.
    defense wins championships

Comment

Fill me in on these trends.
      He has been missing a lot of kicks in practice. His preason game missing an easy kick. His accuracy seemingly getting worse towards the end of last season.

You just can't miss field goals inside of 40. It will cost you wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

He has been missing a lot of kicks in practice. His preason game missing an easy kick. His accuracy seemingly getting worse towards the end of last season.

You just can't miss field goals inside of 40. It will cost you wins.
        Very similar dialogue was bantered about last year when he replaced Bailey. He got through the season fine. There are kickers available if Maher takes a downturn but it wonít help to bring in kickers now to mess with his head. Kickers can be ready to go overnight. If Maher gets into the regular season and starts screwing up then get another kicker and seat him. This drill happens frequently in the NFL.
        Since Day One

Comment

Very similar dialogue was bantered about last year when he replaced Bailey. He got through the season fine. There are kickers available if Maher takes a downturn but it wonít help to bring in kickers now to mess with his head. Kickers can be ready to go overnight. If Maher gets into the regular season and starts screwing up then get another kicker and seat him. This drill happens frequently in the NFL.
          Not true, no one had a clue about the guy last year. I'd actually say what we are seeing from him now reminds me a lot of what we saw from Bailey before he was cut last year.

Comment

Not true, no one had a clue about the guy last year. I'd actually say what we are seeing from him now reminds me a lot of what we saw from Bailey before he was cut last year.
            I was talking about Bailey when he was going down hill. It didnít take long to find his replacement.
            Since Day One

Comment

I was talking about Bailey when he was going down hill. It didnít take long to find his replacement.
              Sure, I think most of us just hope there is a good contingency plan ready.

Comment

Sure, I think most of us just hope there is a good contingency plan ready.
                I think the position of kicker may be the one position in the NFL that is the most readily available personnel slot that is can be shopped and filled rapidly. Maher may well be in the process of becoming another head case kicker but I donít think it will help his mind if the organization brings in other prospects. If itís the teams procedure however is to try out kickers as a normal routine then fine the next prospect may be in that group.
                Since Day One

Comment

What is the deal with Bryant? Why is he still on the street? Just too expensive a mandatory vet contract? Or can he not kick? I wondered that when I saw the Vikes trade. A fifth is quite a bit to give up for an unproven kicker.
                  2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Working...
                  X