Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowlishaw: Thinking big picture - Cowboys' preseason loss to 49ers reveals one major concern

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post

On the flipside of this angle, if Zeke sits out a couple actual games this is actually the perfect scenario for Dak to prove he's worth the money
    Also it might send a message to Zeke that the team can win without him.
    Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
      Also it might send a message to Zeke that the team can win without him.
      They would have to win consistently. I don't see that happening. Dak needs that Zeke threat.
      #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post

On the flipside of this angle, if Zeke sits out a couple actual games this is actually the perfect scenario for Dak to prove he's worth the money
        I kinda wish we could do that. It would probably burst his $40m bubble pretty quick.
        defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I mean if this great team is the main reason Dak looks good we should be able to plug and play a decent backup and look great... Zeke is the whole offense and all.
          This is my thing about all of this. You can't argue both ways. Either the team carries Dak, or Dak has some sway in whether we win.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

This is my thing about all of this. You can't argue both ways. Either the team carries Dak, or Dak has some sway in whether we win.
            This is where everyone will get to see if Moore has what it takes. If he can get the offense to be cohesive and execute then he will have a great deal of praise owed to him. If Zeke stays out then the OC wIll have a tougher job but if everyone steps up then hooray for Moore.
            Since Day One

Comment

They should've went after Tyrod Taylor, who is a borderline starter and would give us a dual-threat backup, I think he signed with the Chargers for only like 5-6 a year. Aside from that, there's slim picking in the QB market, if someone like Colt McCoy shakes loose in DC I'd give him a look but other than that we're basically looking at the Brock Osweiler's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                Out of curiosity what NFL backups are in your opinion "legit" and is it worth blowing 6-10 mil of your cap on a guy you never want to see hit the field?
                IMO there are many. Like simp said, Taylor would be good. McCoy might work. Probably either of the San Fran backups. Tannehill. Here are some:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/...s-ranking-2019

(And how many of those cost 10 mil of cap space?)

I'm surprised everyone is so opposed to this considering our biggest enemy just two years ago won the Superbowl on the back of a good backup. Anyone think the Eagles beat anybody with Cooper Rush?
                2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Yes. The Eagles have been running a system that makes backup QBs look good for like 2 decades. Same thing the packers and 49ers have done.

Comment

Working...
                  X