Cowlishaw: Thinking big picture - Cowboys' preseason loss to 49ers reveals one major concern

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They should've went after Tyrod Taylor, who is a borderline starter and would give us a dual-threat backup, I think he signed with the Chargers for only like 5-6 a year. Aside from that, there's slim picking in the QB market, if someone like Colt McCoy shakes loose in DC I'd give him a look but other than that we're basically looking at the Brock Osweiler's of the world.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Out of curiosity what NFL backups are in your opinion "legit" and is it worth blowing 6-10 mil of your cap on a guy you never want to see hit the field?
IMO there are many. Like simp said, Taylor would be good. McCoy might work. Probably either of the San Fran backups. Tannehill. Here are some:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/...s-ranking-2019

(And how many of those cost 10 mil of cap space?)

I'm surprised everyone is so opposed to this considering our biggest enemy just two years ago won the Superbowl on the back of a good backup. Anyone think the Eagles beat anybody with Cooper Rush?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yes. The Eagles have been running a system that makes backup QBs look good for like 2 decades. Same thing the packers and 49ers have done.

Top Bottom