2019 Training Camp Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

These grades are not all that great. What happened to the notion that Prescott was looking really good?
Having listened to Kitna a bit, it seems like he recognizes the need to work on Dak's footwork.

The videos that we've seen so far are so damn choppy you can't tell much, but he does seem like he's staying high and working up into the pocket.

Kitna says he just wants him to wing it, and so you can't expect that he'll be dropping dimes 8/10 as he's getting used to trusting his feet-->eyes-->arm.

His footwork and timing with his receivers on short to intermediate will be key, and the deep game will just have to be a bonus when/if it ever happens.

With the WRs he's got, he damn sure gonna have options all over the field. Couple that with Kitna's coaching and there's no reason Dak shouldn't make a huge step forward this season. If he doesn't, we need two 1sts for Zeke to get a former UGA QB in next year's draft.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yea this doesn't bode well
Yeah, maybe so. The expectations shouldn't’t be very high because what could have happened in the off season to make him improve without actual practice. He couldn’t have got to much input from the coaches yet because the offense and specifically the QB coach has changed.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

These grades are not all that great. What happened to the notion that Prescott was looking really good?
Thought I read somewhere that he has never been a very good practice player?? If so wouldnt a B or C grade be an improvement.

I wont start worrying until we find out how long Elliot is going to miss.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Training Camp Live: Team Redzone Period

Aka the Maliek Collins show.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Joe Jackson: He's Strong As Hell[/h]

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He will be starting, so let's see.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I still want to know why he wasn't starting at Memphis. It's not like Barry Sanders was ahead of him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would be an even bigger fan if he said The Hot Boyz is the dumbest nickname I have ever heard.
I gotta believe that Joe Jackson could come up with a better name.

That's some Tacobelle shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still want to know why he wasn't starting at Memphis. It's not like Barry Sanders was ahead of him.
I remember wondering that with Kamara. Granted Tennessee has more talent than Memphis but Kamara was never a prolific runner in college.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Cowboys will be thin at tight end for the upcoming practices with Blake Jarwin (foot) and Dalton Schultz (ankle) dealing with injuries. Jason Witten has been given some days off as well. Codey McElroy and Marcus Lucas, who signed last week, will get more work. Jason Garrett said the Cowboys will work more on four wide receiver sets as well as jumbo packages with offensive linemen at tight end to compensate.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom