Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Camp Thread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Training Camp Thread...

    Report: DeMarcus Lawrence and Byron Jones to open training camp on PUP list, wonít practice in Oxnard


    By RJ Ochoa@rjochoa Jul 23, 2019, 12:30pm CDT

    Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

    About a month and a half ago word first started to circulate that DeMarcus Lawrence and Byron Jones could begin training camp on the PUP list. Thatís not ideal, but itís far from the end of the world.

    On Tuesday the Dallas Morning News reported that this is in fact likely going to be the case. The DMN also noted that itís unlikely that either Lawrence or Jones will practice while in Oxnard.
    Neither player will be cleared to practice Saturday for the first session of this camp. Itís unlikely Lawrence and Jones will take part in any team practices while in Oxnard, Calif.

    But sources said the rehabilitation of both players is on target and the expectation is they will be ready to play when the team opens the season against the New York Giants on Sept. 8.

    Thankfully it appears that the Cowboys should have their star defenders when the regular season kicks off, but them missing time in Oxnard isnít insignificant by any means. Of course itís not like anyone is going to fret over players of this caliber, but this is an important year for both of them.

    2019 is big for Lawrence, coming off of shoulder surgery, in terms of continuing to lead the Cowboys defense as a unit. Heís currently the highest-paid player in franchise history and with that distinction comes a larger level of expectation.

    Of course Byron Jones, who had hip surgery over the offseason, is entering a contract year and looking for as close of a payday as he can get to Tank. Itís important for him to get right so that he can play at the highest level.

    The PUP list is part of training camp beginning. People will be bummed that certain players are on it, but this is a marathon and not a sprint.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  • #2
    @ Byron getting a payday anywhere close to Lawrence.

    He need to GTFO Dallas with that noise.

    Comment


    • #3
      This BTB guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The top paid CB in the league right now is making 15/year, if Byron has a 2019 that is similar to 2018 I'd imagine that he'll get an extension somewhere in the 14-16 neighborhood, and I'd hope that it's not from the Cowboys.

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
          This BTB guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The top paid CB in the league right now is making 15/year, if Byron has a 2019 that is similar to 2018 I'd imagine that he'll get an extension somewhere in the 14-16 neighborhood, and I'd hope that it's not from the Cowboys.
          I'd be surprised if he someone offers him that much. He's a good cover CB but I'd still want my CB to force turnovers from time to time if I'm paying $14M-16M per year.

          IIRC, his only 2 career INTs came on meaningless end of half, Hail Mary type of plays.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
            IIRC, his only 2 career INTs came on meaningless end of half, Hail Mary type of plays.
            I think only one of them came on a hail mary, but your point still stands.
            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

            Comment


            • #7
              I just looked it up and one was an end of half, Hail Mary and the other was this gimme in a game that was pretty much already over.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                I just looked it up and one was an end of half, Hail Mary and the other was this gimme in a game that was pretty much already over.

                it's quite sad and even a little impressive that the Cowboys have managed to produce so many cornerbacks over such a long period of time that had no ball skills.

                Off the top of my head, I can only think of 2 who made plays on the ball over the last 15 years:

                Anthony Henry and 2008/2009 Mike Jenkins.
                2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh, and 2012 Brandon Carr.
                  2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post

                    it's quite sad and even a little impressive that the Cowboys have managed to produce so many cornerbacks over such a long period of time that had no ball skills.

                    Off the top of my head, I can only think of 2 who made plays on the ball over the last 15 years:

                    Anthony Henry and 2008/2009 Mike Jenkins.
                    Maybe now some of these Cowboys fans will start appreciating Terence Newman a little more.

                    For some reason he was always on the shit list of Cowboys fans. Mainly because they wanted Terrell Suggs or Kevin Williams instead.

                    Hell, Newman was freaking Deion Sanders compared to all the other 1st round CBs the Cowboys have drafted.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                      Maybe now some of these Cowboys fans will start appreciating Terence Newman a little more.
                      Nope. He was the pioneer of our no ball skill cornerbacks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cowboys Players Essentials For Training Camp



                        its finally here, yall.
                        defense wins championships

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X