2019 Training Camp Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Not great, Bob.
I’m curious how motivated he is right now. Decent draft pick contract and playing in “meaningless games”. Hopefully he turns it up when the season starts, but this is one of the issues I pointed to when we drafted him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m curious how motivated he is right now. Decent draft pick contract and playing in “meaningless games”. Hopefully he turns it up when the season starts, but this is one of the issues I pointed to when we drafted him.
I don't know but you'd like to see him at least dominating second and third stringers. It's still early but most of us never felt good about that pick. You just expect more from a pick that high.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We will see. From what I have seen he doesn't seem to have the technique nor the athleticism to make up for that lack of technique. I guess we will see.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is shit. Both him and Marinelli should be sent packing.

D

Deuce

We will see. From what I have seen he doesn't seem to have the technique nor the athleticism to make up for that lack of technique. I guess we will see.
He definitely has the athleticism. That’s what makes me think he’s going through the motions.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He definitely has the athleticism. That’s what makes me think he’s going through the motions.
It’s still to be seen if he has enough athleticism to make up for his lack of technique. That was my point.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hill is basically a dog chasing cars at this point, he pretty much just tries to do everything as quickly as possible with no thought or technique behind it. That's why he's falling over himself half the time. The lack of technique isn't necessarily a terrible thing, most rookie DL need technique work, but he's extremely raw. Because he was our first pick he gets extra attention/scrutiny but it's important to remember that he was a very late 2nd and if all he ends up being as a rookie is a rotational player that's fine. From what I've seen so far, I don't think that's particularly likely, but rookies do often progress as the year moves on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So he is dialed down against inferior competition?

That makes it seem worse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hill is basically a dog chasing cars at this point, he pretty much just tries to do everything as quickly as possible with no thought or technique behind it. That's why he's falling over himself half the time. The lack of technique isn't necessarily a terrible thing, most rookie DL need technique work, but he's extremely raw. Because he was our first pick he gets extra attention/scrutiny but it's important to remember that he was a very late 2nd and if all he ends up being as a rookie is a rotational player that's fine. From what I've seen so far, I don't think that's particularly likely, but rookies do often progress as the year moves on.
I guess the idea is the upside is higher because of his size but Hill hasn't looked any better than the undrafted DTs on the roster. Still a long way to go but if he wasn't a second rounder would he make the roster?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He looks kinda fat and sloppy to me. I think his body needs some serious work.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume Redfern is the one who popped off the 57 yard punt.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The price tag is the deciding factor if everything is equal.
Chris Jones is so consistently vanilla I've never been a big fan of his. It seems like he was never capable of hitting the long punt. Sure he was good at putting it inside the 20 on a 30 yard punt. But flipping the field is way more important in my book. And if Jones has to punt from his own 25 or worse it seems like the other team always started on our side of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom